Teething tips

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Teething tips

Postby shellybelly » Sun May 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Mummies I need your help. Daniel has been teething a few weeks now and it hasn't been causing him too much bother but today he has been in an awful state. I've tried bonjela and calpol but they aren't really helping him. We have a gummee glove but he doesn't like it and he's still too small to hold a teething ring properly. Just wondering does anyone have any tips? I'm gonna buy teetha granules tomorrow and try nurofen instead of calpol.
shellybelly

Re: Teething tips

Postby tippergirl » Sun May 10, 2015 9:52 pm

A wet facecloth from the freezer but only slightly frozen they love to chew & suck on them. We found the teetha granules great here.

Do you have the clevamama taster thing(can't remember the name of it) he might be a bit young for it yet but cold pieces of fruit in that can help to keep the gums cool & it's something to chew on.
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby shellybelly » Sun May 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Yeah I have it in the press but he hasn't started on foods yet. I'll try the facecloth and see how it goes. He has been grabbing his blanket and chewing it the last few days and if I go to rub his face with a muslin he does the same. I'm gonna get the granules tomorrow definitely, a few people have said they are good. It's awful watching them. I wish I could feel it for him :(
shellybelly

Postby Caru22 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 am

Start with the calpol, I found neurofen was hard on my lo tummy and her bottle came back up after I gave it to her.
Caru22

Return to General Parenting Chat