Birth of my baby girl Sophie,

Share your amazing birth stories with us. Go into as much detail as you want.

Birth of my baby girl Sophie,

Postby wannabemummy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi ladies

well finally got a chance to type up my story.

So i was induced Thursday 16th of Aug. Because i Have gestational diabetes i had to be induced because of babies size. So at 6pm i got my first gel, OUCH!!!! lol.... Nothing happened for 6 hours so i got my second dose of gel!! OUCH again!!! i was a bit sad cause hubby had to leave as it was 11p :( It was his bday that friday so i hopes i would go into labour. During the night/morning they were checking hearbeat etc. baby was asleep so i had to go on a drip to wake her up lol... finally at 4am i sat up on the bed and GUSH!!! I though i was peeing... It just wouldnt stop. Called the midwife and she sorted me out with pads and pads. I thought all along your waters were a little gush and then it stops. Straight away they wheeled me into the labour room. Twas a grand big room. Contractions started hard!!! Hubby arrived and i was delighted to have him by my side.
Hours passed. I was high as a kite. That gas and air was only the job!!!!.... I was only 3cm at about 12pm. Got my epidural... It wasnt to bad but i was very scared. hubby kept me sane thank god. He was fantastic. I thought id be there for hours. An hour later i was 10cm. Couldnt believe it. Midwife said i will start to push at 3:30pm. Pushed and pushed for 2 hours. Had to stop because my back started to act up ( I suffer from problems from a previous accident) they had no choice but to use forceps. A wonderful totally gay as christmas doctor came in and told me to push when i felt a contraction. So i did that. I ended up getting an episiotomy. my gorgeous baby girl arrived at 17:17pm on the 17th of aug. They put her on my tummy and i balled. she was so perfect. Next thing she let out the loudest cry. She has some set of lungs on her :)... Hubby was only smitten. she was 9lbs 4 oz
Once i was stitched up etc they wheeled me back to the maternity ward. I was a bit angry because i didnt get a chance to bond with her and all the family just arrived. I felt annoyed that they all wanted to hold her. she was barely 2 hours old and she was being passed from one to another.
When they left i finally had time to bond.
11 days later she is the most amazing little girl. She loves her food and her sleep. She is so perfect and i am over the moon to finally have a little family :)
my hormones are still all over the place, id be crying one min for no reason and happy the next. lol... i heard it takes time to adjust. I am still in alot of pain. The stitches are really sore. if anyone has any advice on what i could do to ease the pain please share ;)

If i could give anyone advice in preparing for your birth it would be
If your baby is born close to visiting hours please inform family to hold off till the next day. I wish i had. I felt so angry at myself having 10 people passing my 2 hour old baby around...
Oh and stock up on maternity pads.... I bought 3 packs and had to buy a further 6.. still going through them.

x

Welcome to the world baby Sophie.
wannabemummy

Re: Birth of my baby girl Sophie,

Postby MammyT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Congrats, I love reading people's birth story.
Totally agree with you about the visiting hours your no sooner after giving birth and everyone is in on top of you.
I had stitches inside and out and ended up with an infection so I had to have baths with epsom it really helped. I don't know what else helped but it does take awhile to feel ok again
Love my little man
MammyT

Postby Lexie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Congratulations xx
Doesn't sound like I'll have any problems with visitors only grandparents and partner allowed in hospital! Can understand you being annoyed but alls well now!
Lexie

Postby lollypops » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 pm

ah loved ur story,glad it went quick enuf for u,ive never had stiches but i no some of the girls on here had so im sure they will have lots of advice on what helps with them x
lollypops

Postby Hawtmama » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

congrats on the birth of little sophie. hope you get some rest now.
Hawtmama

Postby bumblebe » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Congrats and welcome baby Sophie x
For the stitches, some tea tree oil in a warm bath, as many baths as u can possibly have and then some witch hazel on a pad after the bath, this helped me but it does take ages to feel better, try not to be on ur feet too much either as this can put pressure on ur stitches
bumblebe

Postby lovemylilbean » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:42 pm

congrats hunni nice to know getting induced isnt so scary, :) i hope our baby is born at night so we can have him to ourselfs for awhile, love her name too :)
lovemylilbean

Postby MarcsMrs » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your Little Princess Sophie! You birth sounds so like mine, I was induced & ended up with episiotomy & forceps too!! For the stitches I put tea tree oil on every pad from the day she was born & they healed up nice & fast! Also baths with tea tree helped loads too! And dont do too much too soon, rest up x

MarcsMrs

Postby CavanMama » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Congratulation on your baby! I had my first baby in March and also had an episiotomy.I tried everything advised to help the pain & found that tea tree baths helped and keeping pressure off as much as you can. really its just takes time for the pain to ease..

I have my second on the way & the labour & 6 weeks of pain afterwards are all worth it!

bring it on again! lol... x
CavanMama

Postby wannabemummy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi ladies

Its been a long time!! Had to log on to see my old birth story!! anyway I gave birth to another amazing litte girl 11 days ago... she is perfect... I hope everyone is keeping well and bumps are getting nice and big xxx

Welcome to the world baby Sophie.
wannabemummy

Return to Birth Stories