weaning confusion...

Breastfeeding, Bottle, Introducing Solids, Weaning, Nutrition, Health.

weaning confusion...

Postby excitedmama » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 am

Hi ladies!
I started weaning my baby, for the past 4 days I gave him baby rice once a day...so confused what to do next..do I give him carrots pears and other food other days insted of baby rice?? I dont give him meats yet??!! in few weeks I think I will the food to twice a day..soooo much info on the internet very confusing...what do you think I should do??? Thanks x

excitedmama

Re: weaning confusion...

Postby babyL » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 am

Your Public health nurse would prob be the best bet to ask hunni as everyone is so different!
DD born 18/02/04
DS born 04/05/12
babyL

Postby excitedmama » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:43 am

I will ask her thursday when she comes over (she calls in every 2 weeks) you right everyone is sooo different thats why is so confusing...I dont want my baby to become a fussy eater just because I wean him wrong...

excitedmama

Postby lollypops » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:19 pm

weaning is sooo confusing! i remember thinking how much and wat do i give them! i jus went to easons and they have so many books and lots of recipies
lollypops

Postby firsttimer » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:25 pm

would love to know what the PHN told you as i will be adding food to jacks diet in five weeks and my PHN is finished with me i think
firsttimer

Postby 2blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:18 am

Oh Id be very interested too - just to file that info away for future reference! My cousin weaned their baby onto solids but only gave him mashed veg for ages as they wanted to keep away from jars. Eventually we wouldnt eat the veg so they tried jars which worked for a while but now hes so fussy he wont eat anything! I want to avoid that if I can!
2blue

Postby sunshine » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:46 pm

hey hun a couple of my friends went through the same thing as you and didn't know when to start weaning or what to give their baby to eat. They found a book written by an author called Annabel Karmel extremely useful. she also has a website so maybe have a look at that as there is some good advice on it about what to wean baby onto and how to deal with fussy eaters website is www.annabelkarmel.com hope this helps as my friends found her recipes and advice great...
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image
sunshine

Postby excitedmama » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Well I was adviced to get that anabel karamel book as well!!! I started him on carrots and baby rice, pouched pear, banana, just giving him veg and fruit no meats yet! PHN said that I was doing a right thing by introducing him different food every few days and on my god he loves it!!! :happydance

excitedmama

Postby firsttimer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:58 pm

I started jack on baby rice today and he loved it, he is 3months and a week today so its a little early but he took to it really well, no funny faces, puking, spitting it up again, he just gulped it down and kept looking for more. so proud, will keep him on the rice for a few days and try some spuds, carrots, pears, apple and so on. no meat until 6 months or so.
firsttimer

Return to Feeding Baby