Solids

Breastfeeding, Bottle, Introducing Solids, Weaning, Nutrition, Health.

Solids

Postby fruitloops » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:57 am

Hi girls, Happy Easter, hope everyone is having a nice day.
My little fella is 10 months old and has been doing well with solids since about 6 months. This is his typical day feeding wise.
7.30 - bottle
9.00 - breakfast (porridge and some fruit or sometimes some Ella's kitchen mixed in)
11.00 - bottle and sleep afterwards
1.30 - dinner - veg, meat all puréed up (not as smooth anymore)
3-4 - this is the problem - any ideas for here!!
6.00 - yogurt
7.30/8 - bottle and bed.

I'm not a great eater and I don't want him to be the same, so any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.
fruitloops

Re: Solids

Postby morphett » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:49 am

Have you tried any of the baby pasta shapes, I think both Tesco and Boots do them in tiny little star shapes and they're great for just adding a pasta sauce to. If you look up anabel Karmel she has some great recipe books for introducing solids and changing the the texture for beyond the pureeing stage. cous cos is good for a handy filler too. Pancakes with fruit or savoury pancakes with cheese and ham or something like that? I know a few friends would have been great for making various muffins and freezing them you could look up some recipes for those either..
morphett

Re: Solids

Postby fruitloops » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks Morphette.. I'll have to try some of that. I'm just afraid of him not being able to eat it and choking. I like the idea of making some muffins, I'll look into that. I just don't want to be giving him 2 dinners.
fruitloops

Return to Feeding Baby