Finger foods

Breastfeeding, Bottle, Introducing Solids, Weaning, Nutrition, Health.

Finger foods

Postby kaf1807 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey ladies just wondering if u could help me with some ideas. My little boy is 10mths and is mad to feed himself so was looking for some ideas on wat different fingers foods tat would be filling to give him hope u can help me ???
kaf1807

Re: Finger foods

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 pm

My lo has been the same for ages so we do a combo - a small portion if mashed veg dishes/casseroles/stews etc which I put in 2 bowls - 1 I spoon feed her & 1 she 'feeds' herself - although about 10% makes it to her mouth!
I then give her lots of bits and pieces on her tray that she can pick up herself. Our favourites are:

Cooked veggies - carrot batons, florets of cauliflower or broccoli, wedges of roasted sweet potato, peas & beans (great for helping them develop their finger/thumb pincer grip)

Pieces of cooked meat - slices of turkey, chicken, fish goujons, chicken balls (all home made annabel karmel recipes)

Cereal - Cheerios, cornflakes, mini Weetabix

Others - cheese cubes, fruit slices, raisins, chopped apricots, rice cakes, toast fingers, or bread & butter, homemade pancakes, little sandwiches, chunks of toasted bagel or panini, homemade scones with very small bit of jam, chunks of well cooked omelet or chopped boiled egg, homemade 'pizza' (bread covered in chopped tomato/grated cheese/toppings & toasted then cut into shapes with cookie cutters), pieces of well cooked pasta.

Hope that helps x
HoneyBee

Postby kaf1807 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks Honeybee now to go to the shop hahaha
kaf1807

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 am

I do online shopping, find it great & so handy
HoneyBee

Postby mamaw » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:33 pm