Bedtime weaning!

Breastfeeding, Bottle, Introducing Solids, Weaning, Nutrition, Health.

Bedtime weaning!

Postby TLG92 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:46 am

Hi ladies, Just wondering if anyone has any tips.. Baby is 7 months now and down to just three bottles, morning, after dinner & bedtime.. She gets 8oz at bedtime and loves this bottle, the only problem is she gets really bad wind and takes ages to settle at night.. No matter how much I wind her theres always more once she lies down. Can anyone suggest a replacement for this bottle to make bedtime easier ?
TLG92

Re: Bedtime weaning!

Postby MrsS11 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:28 am

I don't know what your bedtime routine is but maybe u could give the bottle earlier. If you give the baby a bath maybe just give her the bottles before her bath. Depending on her routine just give the bottle first rather than last so she has time to get up wind before bed. Or else maybe try infacol or if u want to give up the bottle a bowl of ready Brek or bedtime cereal before bed. I know my lo used to squirm a bit when she was going to bed with wind and once she got it up she was fine and went to sleep.
MrsS11

Postby firsttimemum » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:39 pm

I give my little man his bottle ofwhen he wakes after lunch and an hour before bedtime. For two reasons so he doesn't get. use to falling asleepp on the bottle and so he has time to get wind up and settle!! I also give him a couple of spoons of babby bedtime. Because he rarely takes alll of his bottle so maybe try just cereal?
firsttimemum

Postby TLG92 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Thanks for the advice.. Iv started giving her a smaller bottle about an hour & a half earlier, then a bit of bedtime cereal before bed it seems to have worked.. Makes bedtime less daunting now thank god !
TLG92

Return to Feeding Baby