Breastfeeding : Support & Advice

Breastfeeding, Bottle, Introducing Solids, Weaning, Nutrition, Health.

Re: Breastfeeding : Support & Advice

Postby iwishiwas » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Material breast pads are way better I think, I just use the boots washable ones now, I've a massive stock, I use 6 a day. Before I always thought the mothercare disposable ones were best, I've tried them all I think, Still need to wear pads every day.
Shoelover I'd rent a hospital pump if your exclusively pumping, also I brought my LO to a chiropractor (as I have an aversion to osteopaths), chiropractor advised to hand baby upside down for a few seconds a few times a day???? I think it helped tho!!!
iwishiwas

Postby GalwaysGirl » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm just thinking if baby is throwing up its possible she's taking to much milk at once.

They throw up abut excess you see

You could look up ' paced bottle feeding' on you tube

Its basically few ozs , have a break, wind, then repeat

It is a huge learning curve.

Did you join the 'extended breastfeeding in Ireland' fb group??

You'll feel alot less Alone when you see all the women posting with questions
GalwaysGirl

Postby GalwaysGirl » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Here's all the bf meet up s in meath btw
Bet there'll be one this weekhttps://www.breastfeeding.ie/Suppor ... unty=Meath

You'll get loads of support there....for free!
GalwaysGirl

Postby Shoelover » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:43 am

Yes I hired the medela pump (after buying the swing and realising it wasn't going to be strong enough and couldn't turn into a double pump) I've also started doing that with her feeds i.e winding more and it seems to work and I've been giving her infacol too. Thanks for all the advice guys xx
Shoelover

Postby MrsPineapple » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks for the tip Iwishiwas. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who leaks a lot! :)
MrsPineapple

Postby Shoelover » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Girls I've decided to give BF a knock on the head. I'm finding the expressing too stressful and it's interfering with bonding with baby too. It's just not making me happy and as devastated as I am I have to just accept that it's not going to work for me this time around and hopefully next time I'll have a bit more luck. Thanks so much for all your support and advice x
Shoelover

Postby LydiaHopeful » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Good luck shoelover. Im not a huge fan of expressing myself...so time consuming !! Well done for keeping it up so long your lo got the best start she could so be proud of what you did. Now its time to enjoy her and bond xxx
LydiaHopeful

Postby Shoelover » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Thanks Lydia x
Shoelover

Postby HoneyBee » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Only you know what's best shoelover & I think you've done everything you can to give bf a shot. I've been there & I know what it's like to have trouble getting going & I guess I got very lucky that when I was just about to stop dd started latching & feeding and it worked out but if it hadn't, I had aptamil bought & woukdnt have thought twice about giving it.
I'm so sorry it hasn't worked for you this time but I think fair play to you for how hard you tried & im sure your lo will continue to thrive on bottles.
Happy mammy = happy baby when alls said & done xx
HoneyBee

Postby tippergirl » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Trust your gut instinct on it shoelover, you definitely don't want it to interfere with your bonding time. You've done so well getting this far, expressing is so time consuming and your body has enough going on. Hope your lo is doing well :-)
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby MrsPineapple » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Shoelover it's a difficult decision and if it's making you miserable then no point in continuing just for the sake of it. Well done on getting this far - every little helps! Enjoy your little baby. That's the most important thing :)
MrsPineapple

Postby Itwillhappen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:04 am

Definitely agree with tippergirl to trust your gut instinct. I know how exhausting expressing is on top of everything else. Your baby has had the best start and will continue to thrive I'm sure xx
Best of luck :)
Itwillhappen

Postby anna1111 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 am

Hi Mums and mums to be! I was looking for a good breast pump and then came across this http://www.ilsbabycare.com.au/breast-pump the ILS BabyCare medela breast pump. Have any of you tried this yet? Maybe give me some feedback?

Many thanks!
Last edited by anna1111 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
anna1111

Postby Shoelover » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Anna that's the one i used and I believe it's one of the best as its a stronger pump and u can double pump too which is recommended. Best of luck
Shoelover

Postby Itwillhappen » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:50 pm

I used this one and would really recommend it. I had the single pump,going to sell it and get the double for next time. Great investment if you need to pump frequently. I used it daily from When baba was 3 weeks old.
Itwillhappen

Postby iwishiwas » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Shoelover you should be proud of how much you invested into giving it ur all xxx well done, and as the other ladies said you know what's best for you and your baby so just enjoy each other and everything else will be fine xxx
iwishiwas

Postby Shoelover » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Thanks iwishiwas xx
Shoelover

Postby anna1111 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:24 pm

hey thank you so much for all the advice.
anna1111

Postby Luvmymunchkin » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Girls I started weaning about 3weeks ago. Ds is mad for the food now I haven't been giving him much yet still introducing tastes but he's been having about 1oz of baby porridge after first morning feed then at lunch 1-2 normal ice cube sized portions of veg or fruit. So not a massive amount at all.
I was pumping at work last few weeks and getting 3-4.5 oz but today and yesterday only about 50ml and it took half an hr :-( ?! Would that be because of the food or does it matter?its seems odd i think?An using medela hand pump and found it good at the start!?is this normal with starting solids? X

Luvmymunchkin

Postby AllenBreet » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:32 am

I Have Questions When Mom during Menstrual Cycle So She Can Baby Feed Yes or Not Helpful Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Feeding Baby