Tummy bug in toddler

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Tummy bug in toddler

Postby Josiefl » Mon May 15, 2017 10:38 am

Hi there im wondering if anyone can offer some advice..my 2yr old has a tummy bug it started about 4 days ago with a big pass of wind and a very very runny dirty nappy she then seemed fine, 2 days later had the same thing just once on each of them days. Yesterday she was off a bit, wouldnt eat her dins and again big pass of wind and dirty nappy again plus a few more winds which smelt like a man that had been on the beer and had a kebab. so just gave her some cereal and toast... she woke this morning looking for a drink and went back asleep woke and vomitted back up the drink.... she has now had cereal and toast and back asleep... is there anything i can do to help her and try get rid of the bug??? I also have an 18wk old that i dont want to get it!!
Josiefl

Re: Tummy bug in toddler

Postby fruitloops » Mon May 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi Josie,
We had a month of that in our house, we all got it. Our 9 month old ended up at the doc and a&e - unfortunately there was nothing we could do for him, bar give him plenty of fluids and just let him recover. It was very hard, but I heard of a lot of people with it or something similar. Viral. The hospital kept stressing washing of hands to us, especially after the nappy changes. I hope your wee one recovers soon and your wee er one doesn't get it.
fruitloops

Postby Josiefl » Tue May 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for the reply fruitloops... she was much better after a 2 hr nap yesterday and ate rings around herself.... has been fine all day today too ill just keep a good eye on her
Josiefl

Postby kid2017 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 pm

My 3y old son was having tummy pain and constipation. We tried every possible remedy to settle his tummy but nothing worked until we started him with Toddler magic tea which helped and relieved his constipation and tummy ache.
kid2017

Return to General Parenting Chat