5 year old help

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

5 year old help

Postby michde » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi all, so we have a 5 year old and I just don't know what to do with them. They are wired to the moon all the time, they seem to have endless energy, they are cheeky, won't listen, and just act up!!! Our lo absolutely goes wild when bedtime comes, its like they can't switch off at all. They could be jumping, shouting, calling, talking anything just to wind us up!!! It takes at least an hr for them to go asleep from time they get into bed. Its ridiculous.....During the day they are outside, running, playing, farming, inside playing, they watch some tv, but als on the go! Very little down time. I just don't know where our lo gets their energy from. So they have been going to bed at 8pm and its 9pm by the time they go asleep! They are getting up at 06.50!!!! Madness, we have tried bed at 7.30 still not asleep til 830! Same getting up at crack of dawn. They weren't als like this....could be bed at 8 and up at 7.30/8 which is fine. But my gosh. Are all 5 year old as wired, as energetic. What can we do please help with any advice you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its wearing us out. Even being cheeky.....we do time out with our lo, we take toys, we've banned programmes they like. What else can we do???
michde

Re: 5 year old help

Postby HollieB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Some of the Incredible Years strategies can be helpful too. I think theres an Incredible Years Troubleshooting guide that I have found useful!
HollieB

Return to General Parenting Chat