baby carrier for reflux

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

baby carrier for reflux

Postby ttcno1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:49 pm

Can anyone please recommend either a baby carrier or wrap for carrying around my dd who has silent reflux and is 4 weeks old.

Since she cant sleep on her back, and needs to be upstraight, i thought it would be a good idea to invest in one of these so i can have my hands free.

Also would like to use it for when dd is sleeping on my chest at night so i can get a bit of sleep (because i dont sleep properly as i am afraid she will fall off my chest)

Thanks in advance
ttcno1

Re: baby carrier for reflux

Postby GalwaysGirl » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:08 am

Kodaki flip is suitable from birth from snugglebugs. They have online site

Really not sure on guidelines re sleeping with a baby in a carrier? Pretty sure it wouldn't be too safe!?

Have you tried raising head of the cot instead?

Cranial osteopath to help the reflux?
GalwaysGirl

Postby MrsS11 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:45 pm

There's a clevamamma wedge you can get to put baby to sleep on at night it will keep him raised. I'm not sure about carriers but there's a baby wearing group on Facebook or online that u can go to sling meets and try various wraps etc on before u buy.
MrsS11

Postby melb14 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Our little man has reflux too and the clevamama wedge is very good. I hold him for 20 to 30 mins after a feed ans then pop him in the wedge ans he can sleep takes pressure off him not having to lay flat! X
melb14

Postby Itwillhappen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 am

Hi ttc1 sorry I have no advice about slings but I was just wondering do any of you use gaviacon infant? My Lo has been congested for weeks at night time and go said it could be caused by reflux and to try it. Just wondering should I give it a go? She's 8 weeks.
Itwillhappen

Postby MrsS11 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:30 am

Is congestion the only symptom? My lg had reflux and I was going to try gaviscon but Phn recommended cow n gate anti reflux formula which worked well. My lg was a happy spitter though it didn't stop the vomiting but did settle her
Try raise the cot/mattress at night and saline spray before she goes to sleep my lg was congested at night too. I brought her to the oesteopath and she cleared her sinuses which really helpes
MrsS11

Postby Itwillhappen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:29 am

Like your wee one she is a happy spitter too no other symptom apart from congestion. It isn't annoying her really apart from at night you can see her squirming and coughin like it definitely disrupts hers sleep I feel. Saline doesn't seem to do much we've gone through nearly a bottle. Must try raise the mattress :) I put her on her side sometimes when I'm able to watch and she's fine then but if be afraid to do it at night.
Itwillhappen

Postby tippergirl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:33 am

We tried the infant gaviscon & it just made our lo very constipated & uncomfortable so I stopped it, our problem was with acid coming back up (silent reflux) & Zantac is waft worked for us. Raising the bed or letting baby sleep on their side helps a lot with reflux.
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby Itwillhappen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks girls I dont know is it worth putting her through taking the gaviaco and creating more problems for her! Maybe I should just raise the mattress and Persist with what we're doing. I'm sure she'll outgrow it eventually! I see your Lo is 6 months tipper is he over it now?
Itwillhappen

Postby tippergirl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:14 am

Sometimes being constipated can make the whole thing worse itwillhappen. Being constipated can make reflux flare up so it's a no win situation. But gaviscon does work for some people. A consultant in temple st told me to give my lo half a sachet here & there so maybe if you tried it that way & gave it in the evening it might help your lo get more comfy at night.

We stopped the Zantac 3 weeks ago & thankfully it's going great so far. I can still hear the reflux bubbling up the odd time but it doesn't seem to be causing her discomfort any more & she's becoming more upright herself now too so I'm presuming that helps.
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby Nmomoftwo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:16 pm

My reflux baby was bad sleeper and was very cranky getting up every hour or so. I was giving him Zantac but not a great help. So, I ended giving him Zantac and after advice of a friend started giving him Babies magic tea. Baby is much better now and sleeps at least three straight hours with less reflux symptoms. Hope he'll get fine completely soon.
Nmomoftwo

Return to General Parenting Chat