Birth control after baby?

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Birth control after baby?

Postby Luvmymunchkin » Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi ladies! Having 6 week checkup this week and I am not sure about birth control?! I was on the pill for years and never had a problem,off it since 2012 but I hate the thoughts of going back to it!!it kind of seems the easier option though? I wouldn't trust condoms to just use them. I wouldn't like the injection or patch ideas either so besides pill all I know is the implant or coil?
Has anyone had implant or coil?any problems or side effects with them ye found?i just want to have my mind made up before I go in. Its very much left all to the women as usual!! Couldn't imagine men doing all our worrying and googling and stressing haha ;-D

Luvmymunchkin

Re: Birth control after baby?

Postby corkgirl31 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 pm

Yes I had the implant in for 3 years and never had a problem with it I decided to try the mirena coil last year and that was fine I came off it 3 months ago and am 2 months pregnant now so if u would like to have another baby in time your body regulates straight after coil again and it also lasts 5 years I'd recommend the mirena coil
corkgirl31

Postby Luvmymunchkin » Sun May 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Congrats corkgirl that's great to hear!ya I was leaning more towards the coil than implant,does it hurt getting it? Is it just done at the gp I presume?maybe in a few years we would like another baby but at the moment our hands are full :-D

Luvmymunchkin

Postby corkgirl31 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 am

Thanks luv my munchkin you feel it a small bit uncomfortable but not as bad as I thought and getting it out was painless for me ya I can see you have your hands full ha ha but in another few years you might like another u can forget about it once it's on for 5 years
corkgirl31

Postby babynumber2 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:23 am

I had the implant in for two years got it out in June and got pregnant the beginning of August .. never had problems with it had very light periods with it and all ill be gettin it back in at the six week check up :)
babynumber2

Postby Luvmymunchkin » Tue May 05, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks girls I am still not sure,think I will get the pill for a while then decide. I am soo indecisive about everything I'm a disaster ;-D good to know that it won't affect fertility anyway, you never know when you might want another baby but it definitely will be a few years for me!

Luvmymunchkin

Postby cudleyb » Tue May 05, 2015 3:01 pm

I went back on the pill after I had my lo and I find it great I personally didn't like that thought of the coil or implant it just wouldn't have suited me.
cudleyb

Return to General Parenting Chat