OH and inlaws issues...

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

OH and inlaws issues...

Postby Luvmymunchkin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi girls,I have a bit of an awkward situation with my inlaws.after dd1 was born mil and SIL were so irritating coming whenever they felt like it smart remarks etc. anyway there has been a rift with SIL which is fine as she is not a nice girl and I'm glad kids don't see her,mil I have been really trying with her and thought all was ok til I seen a bitchy message about me that came up on OHs screen...I never mentioned it and kept being nice and she has been obviously pretending to be ok with me?!
So to get to the point,I don't like kids being in their hse,they smoke and hav a dog.i am working now Saturday and oh only day I need him to mind kids and he brings them out to their house in Saturdays for 2hrs. I don't like it but hav never said so as I no its his parents bla bla but mainly I don't mind as he's there aswel.or so I thought!!!i was in the local shop today and the girl said oh ur mil was in with the kids Saturday she was killed with the double buggy!!i just was shocked,I would never let oh down by letting anyone know I don't like them so i just laughed and said oh I know its so heavy but I was SO MAD!!!!i feel betrayed.i said to him Saturday how did ye get on today?
Great.
Did ye visit for long?
Ah ya 2hrs.
Had ye good fun?
Ya lovely time.
No mention of a walk,now I'm flipping raging wondering did he dump MY babies out there and leave?was he even there?does he do that every sat?????
Am I being over the top?
Would ye be mad?i feel betrayed and hurt,I would prefer to know like?i feel like its not fair to sneak my kids out there when I hav no choice about working and I'm with them all the time and if I go anywhere ever I tell him I have to go here mams minding the kids il b home at this time etc.
Sorry to ramble but I'm just so annoyed :-( we have a great relationship and I feel very hurt by this!
I hate to rock the boat but now every sat I will be wondering.and its really annoying anyway this vibe with his mother so I would love to let him know I'm hurt. Any advice or opinion wud b great x

Luvmymunchkin

Re: OH and inlaws issues...

Postby Shoelover » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Oh my God I would be fuming!! There's no way I'd have them in the house with smokers!! The dog I could cope with if he wasn't in the room with the kids. You are not overreacting but it's a very awkward situation u are in
Shoelover

Postby Luvmymunchkin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Thanks shoelover,I'm so mad since oh got home i barely could talk properly to him and I just brought the kids to bed.i hate to rock the boat but I feel like apart from not telling me the whole story the only day I need him to babysit is Saturday. he goes all day Sunday having time to himself at football games etc. goes to the gym or for a run most evenings after work. the one day he has them from 9-3 and he dumps them there for half of it!!
Would u say it?i know he's gonna say I spend lots of time with my mam as she minds them during the week but my family are so close to us and have always been so good to us whereas his lot have been so rude to me since kids arrived.i always got on with them but before dd was born i seen then once or twice a month and we had a great relationship.my mil even came with me and my mam to pick my wedding dress. Like we did get on. After dd was born tho every second day in on top of me and I just couldn't handle it and I suppose I pissed them all off and here we are :-( I would have never dreamed I'd be having these kinds of issues.

Luvmymunchkin

Postby Shoelover » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Oh I couldn't handle my in laws on top of me like that either as nice as my MIL is, it's just not how I am. There's no way I'd be able to hold my tongue if it were me but I know u don't want to cause hassle either. It'll only fester though so I think you are going to have to say something
Shoelover

Postby sugarpuff » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 am

Hey could she have just taken them for a walk and he waited in house.id say it to him as it mite fester at u and holding it in isnt good either.i no how u feel i work sat also and i found out that my oh let his parents take her for an hr walk but they never c her so i was more concerned with them not bein able to handle her but i did say it and it never happened again that i no of.but i found out cos his dad let it slip.went mad
sugarpuff

Postby Luvmymunchkin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks girls good to know I'm not bein ott.i didn't say anything yet as we hav been so busy and wen there's peace I just want to have a cup of tea and chill!im still mad and keep wondering about it.best case scenario sugar puff that he did wait in the hse,I know mil is only proud probably wanted to show off the babies but I just hate that its behind my back in a way?its hard enough having to work and leave them without the worry about smoke and dog and country roads!
Think il wait til Friday and then just say oh by the way what do u do last sat as the girl ind shop said ur mum had them in.doubt if men give as much thought to things as us..

Luvmymunchkin

Postby maggiemoo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi all,

Oh i'm with use about inlaws, i had my 2nd baby in aug 14, my husbands mam had no time for baby. she was very sick in the nov 14 taken into hospital for a week and his mam never came over to see her or never rang she would never hold her used to walk by the baby and forget she was there. then my baby was taken back into hospital in jan 15 for the month never seen her granny and not even a call, she only started to look at my daughter know which she is 18mths know i hate going up to the house and me and my husband has done nothing eelse then fight.
maggiemoo

Return to General Parenting Chat