Grandparent rights?

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Re: Grandparent rights?

Postby iwishiwas » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Oh called to say I'm not to worry he does not want to see LO ever as he knows she is better off without him and his family. He also said he would help to deny grandparent rights against his parents if I needed. Im not to call him and he will not pay maintenance, instead he will sign the house over to my name and I can have his share. Well looks like he had it all sorted in his head... I'm pretty sure I'm still in shock here
iwishiwas

Postby Jess80 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:06 pm

So sorry to butt in here, it all sounds like a horrific situation and I really don't want to worry you but id be very concerned about your oh's mental state if he's talking like that please phone one of his close friends and get them to check in on him, men sometimes can't deal as well with these situations as us I'm not suggesting he will do anything silly but for peace of mind I would have someone he trusts to go have a chat with him. Good luck with it all :(
Jess80

Postby 2013Bride » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:34 pm

I am also sorry to butt in as i haventadded anything to this post previously but i would second everything jess has said. You oh doesnt sound like a bad person but unfortunately he cant choose his family and judging by what he has said it sounds like he could be in a very desperate place. I bet hes a great dad and of course his daughter would not be better off without him. I know none of this is your fault judging by what you have said but you oh's family sound like horrible people. You sound like a great mother and you are doing everything you can for your daughter. x
2013Bride

Postby iwishiwas » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks everyone Jess I first thought the same thing, I called his best friend who knows everything and he said he will keep checking in on him, he will probably stay with him for now too. He won't answer my calls so I can't do a lot, I still have MIL number I know she's in the hospital with SIL and I don't want to upset them when they have tiny babies to worry about but I just forwarded MIL number to OH best mate in case he can't get hold of him. OH is a good person but I think he just can't cope anymore with anything, his mental health is seriously low at the moment. I asked my brother to phone him too as they are good mates but he won't answer, my bro just let him know he can stay with him too if he likes.
I sometimes just want to scream at the mental health campaign, when it stresses how hard it is to live with mental health issues but what about the people living with the person who is suffering, It's a massive struggle for them too, I'm not saying it's the same I'm just saying it's hard
iwishiwas

Postby justCANTwait » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Oh jes you poor dote. I really feel for you. As a counsellor myself you've done the right thing in setting up a support network around him even if he can't acknowledge it right now. you yourself need to set up your own support network as you are just as fragile, not mentally but emotionally. Please reach out if you need to, to those you trust and can rely on.really thinking of you huni xx
justCANTwait

Postby MrsMc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:59 pm

OMG Iwish, I'm just reading this now, I hope things have settled down for you all, all I can send you is a hug and support and prayers xx
MrsMc

Postby Shoelover » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm only reading this now. You poor thing and for it to happen this time of year too. I hope u and Lo are ok. Sending u lots of hugs xx
Shoelover

Postby iwishiwas » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:06 am

Thank you ladies for all your support, I'm ok, guess you just gotta pick yourself up! OH and I are civil, not sure about plans of how to separate all we shared as of yet. We're going to see a family councillor to speak through everything as we still need to be a parent team and I couldn't handle any of the past year being brought up again in arguments. Feeling slightly relieved to be honest, I was just living with stress and continually expecting arguments from in-laws, I feel as if I don't need to have contact with them and this seems to settle my soul!!!
Hope Xmas was magical for everyone xxx, looking forward to a new year full of new hope and possibilities xxx
iwishiwas

Postby Shoelover » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Fair play to you for being so strong iwishiwas. It must be a huge relief not to have to deal with the in laws. Happy new year xx
Shoelover

Postby Kcsmrs » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:10 am

Oh iwish, so sorry to hear about all you have been going through. That family have made what should've been a wonderful year such as stressful one for you. I really hope things have settled down now. Best wishes to you and your DD for the year ahead

Kcsmrs

Previous

Return to General Parenting Chat