Mother and baby groups Dublin south side

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Mother and baby groups Dublin south side

Postby Nervymummy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Evening ladies
Just wondering if anyone knows of any mother and baby groups in the SDCC area? I've been on line and can't find any. Meeting pretty bored at home as I don't live near family and it's beginning to take its toll on me. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work already. And I've another 5 months off.
Nervymummy

Re: Mother and baby groups Dublin south side

Postby BabyC2ndedition » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 am

Hiya I didn't go to any but there is a playgroup cafe in Lucan sarsfield gaa club every morning. Also contact your public health nurse and she'll tell you about ones in your area. My friend lives in Firhouse and I know she went to some.
BabyC2ndedition

Postby HoneyBee » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Nervy - was coming on to recommend the one in Lucan too!! I go there once a week and it's fab - safe play area for kiddies & tea/cakes/sambos for mammies. They have different activities some days too - music/art/sensory play etc if you live out that direction it's a good morning out & only €6 per child for as long as you want to stay.
I don't have any friends/family close enough who are home during the day & was finding it very isolating before I made myself get out a bit more and while I haven't made lifelong friends there, it's nice to have other mammies to make chit chat with for a few hours over tea/coffee
HoneyBee

Postby novbaby » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi, I found a baby club in Tallaght Library, Bouncy Baby Club, the girls that run it are lovely, highly recommend it.
novbaby

Postby Mamabear01 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:35 am

Can u tell me the days and time the tallaght library suitable for ten month old tia!!
Mamabear01

Postby Cherrycola » Thu May 05, 2016 12:30 pm

There is a Wednesday group in the two sisters pub Kimmage/Terenure from 10-11:30, best suited for under 2s as it's quite small. It's free, pub puts out blankets and toys and you can get some brekkie! I used to go but it clashes with DS's nap time.
Cherrycola

Postby novbaby » Thu May 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Mamabear - the dates & times change, its on once a month only, it gets updated on southdublinlibrarys website & just ring them to book a place
novbaby

Return to General Parenting Chat