Hip displaysia

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Hip displaysia

Postby mabsebabes » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi all. My 5mo dd was diagnosed with hip displaysia on Friday and put in an abduction brace for the next 6 weeks 23 hours a day then for all naps and sleeps for s further 6 weeks.
Any ideas of a buggy we can get for relatively cheap that she can fit in. We have an uppababy vista but the seat is too deep in it and she's too long for the pram.
Also looking for play ideas for her. She can fit in her baby bjorn bouncer and plays with a toy bar for a while. She will also play on her okay gym for a bit but gets frustrated as she had nearly learned back to front rolling.
Thanks in advance
Image[/url]
mabsebabes

Re: Hip displaysia

Postby MrsLisa » Sat May 07, 2016 1:14 pm

Sorry cant comment on your question related to buggy. But just wanted to say that you should be very happy that your baby was diagnosed early. I was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 1 year old by chance and had to wear a cast for 9 months, due to late diagnosis. My parents struggled to find a cot that was wide enough. But I have no problems with hips now. I'm pregnant now and my baby will also be checked for hip dysplasia soon after birth. I would appreciate if you can let me know if you have resolved the buggy problem. I'm quite sure my baby will also get it as it is a genetic condition.
Best of luck.
MrsLisa

Re: Hip displaysia

Postby mabsebabes » Sat May 07, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had such a tough time. Our vista works if I put a little cushion in the seat part to raise her a little. We're using one of those cylinder bean cushions from Tiger.
I really hope you don't have to go through it but it gets easier as the days go on. In the brace she's in now she fits width wise in her crib. She wouldn't get near a Moses basket but the crib is ok and her cot bed is more than enough.
Good luck and I hope you get through the rest of the pregnancy without too much pain!
Image[/url]
mabsebabes

Return to General Parenting Chat