Arthritis after childbirth

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Arthritis after childbirth

Postby Chuckles » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:31 am

Hi ladies. Do any of you any symptoms of arthritis after childbirth? I had my lb in January. I have always had back pain but in the last two months, I have developed pain and stiffness all over my body, except my hips. Fingers, toes, ankles, elbows and spine have all been affected. I have always had psoriasis and my GP referred me to a rheumatologist in recent weeks with concerns that I may have psoriatic arthritis. I had my first meeting with him on Thursday and he gave me a steroid injection to relieve pain and reduce swelling. Am hoping it will pass but have always had a history of back and neck pain so am a bit worried.
Chuckles

Re: Arthritis after childbirth

Postby sugarpuff » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Hey chuckles I got diagnosed with arthritis after I had my little one 5 yrs ago.i was in bits started with small pains and then like my joints would seize up.my gp done bloods and then was referred to a specialst in James.
sugarpuff

Postby Chuckles » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:33 am

Thanks Sugarpuff. Do you still have it?
Chuckles

Postby sugarpuff » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Yep.dies any one in ur family have it?
sugarpuff

Postby Chuckles » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:32 pm

My mother. But I didn't realise that until lately that it was RA. Am 8 weeks pregnant now again and there is no improvement so far.
Chuckles

Return to General Parenting Chat