Views on childminder taking child out in the car a lot

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Views on childminder taking child out in the car a lot

Postby Anciotog » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:01 pm

We have a very good childminder for our little boy. He's been there since last October, but in the last two months she's been taking him on trips other than the park and the school run (which we didn't object to). We live in the country and ds is just under 2. However, she's now taking him to do her shopping, to appointments etc but she wants to take him to the city tomorrow to see a kids' show that her sister in law has organised. He's only been in the city centre a couple of times and that's been with us. I feel so uneasy about it and so does my husband especially because he's on the road at least twice, if not 3 days of the 4 that she minds him. The ones near home I can handle, but he's a little livewire and I'm so worried he'll run in front of a car or something. What are the thoughts of others on this?
Anciotog

Re: Views on childminder taking child out in the car a lot

Postby chichi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Maybe have a chat with your childminder about it. I'm a minder and I sometimes bring my mindee's food shopping with me but in my view I'm providing a home from home environment and popping to the shops is all part of that. It wouldn't be every week or anything, maybe once every 2 months if even.
I understand your fears about the city centre but if it's a once off I wouldn't be too concerned. I would chat to her about it though and explain he's a livewire (although I'm sure she'll have him in his buggy etc?) Explain that you are not entirely comfortable with a trip to the city centre.
Mama to 3 boys!
chichi

Re: Views on childminder taking child out in the car a lot

Postby Anciotog » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Yeah we had no issue with shopping in local towns or school runs etc. Anyway I spoke to her and just made sure that he would be in the buggy and she was great about it. He's crazy and has no fear so I was very worried, but my mind is so at ease now.
Anciotog

Return to General Parenting Chat