Is it normal for phn to visit after stay in hospital?

Everything about taking care of baby, toddlers, pre-school, primary kids, teenagers, parenting in general.

Is it normal for phn to visit after stay in hospital?

Postby PhDmammy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Hey,
Worried mama here. Dd was admitted to hospital over the weekend with bronchiolitis and then let out on Sunday. On Monday she developed a high temperature, vomiting and a rash and was readmitted. We got out again today and when we were leaving the nurse said that the phn would arrange a visit to check up on her. She said it's routine in under 2s but we never had this before and she was admitted with bronchiolitis last year for a week.and they said nothing of a phn visit on Sunday. Do you think they think there's something wrong with her? I'm so worried now. Has anybody else had the phn visit after your lo was in hospital?
TTC since Apr 2012.Early MC Oct 2012.Early MC Jan 2014.BFP Oct 2014.DD born June 2015. TTC #2 since March 2016. Early MC May 2017. Praying for our sticky bean!
PhDmammy

Re: Is it normal for phn to visit after stay in hospital?

Postby HollieB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey! I would suggest you contact your PHN and ask them outright. I am sure they wouldn't mind keeping you informed.
HollieB

Return to General Parenting Chat