In praise of my husband!

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

In praise of my husband!

Postby MarcsMrs » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:20 pm

I know that we all winge about our hubbys at times but after being away from mine for 2 weeks I realise how super lucky I am!!

Being home & back in our own house this week has been so lovely & he has me so well looked after :D Its the little things that matter really & I missed all his little thoughtful things while he was away! He puts a hot water bottle in the bed everynight before I go to bed so its not cold for me to get in, then when he leaves for work in the morning he re-fills it & puts it down by my feet so I dont get cold without him!
He walks the dog before work, meaning that I can sleep later as he wont be barking looking for me!
He leaves crackers by my bed so I can have them before I get up in the morning!
This morning I woke up with another God awful headache.....he made me a heatwrap for my neck to ease the pain & got me to eat an orange, claiming it would help.....it did!!!

I guess I just really appreciate all he does for me......even if he never cooks & couldnt work the washing machine if his life depended on it!
Happy girlie today!

MarcsMrs

Re: In praise of my husband!

Postby lollypops » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:38 pm

ah thats so cute its always the little things that mean more xx
lollypops

Postby babyL » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Aww it's really nice to read a post like this instead of the groaning ones we all right from time to time :)
DD born 18/02/04
DS born 04/05/12
babyL

Postby pebbles » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:40 pm

aw marcsmrs thats so lovely, ur so lucky to have him at home. i dropped my OH off to the airport today, he had been home for the weekend and we made our announcement in his home village. i started bawling my eyes out today at the departures gate in the airport. im usually not too bad but today it killed me. i stopped off on way home from airport for little break and some food. he text me then that he was jus getting on the plane n i replied that i was sitting on my own in eddie rockets like a complete saddo. he replied " ur not on ur own pet, u have our little bean to keep you company :-)"
well the tears started to flow again, hormones eh.... :(
pebbles

Postby 2blue » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Aww MarcsMrs, thats sooooo cute!! I love the fact he re-fills the hot water bottle when he's going to work in the morning! Bless!! I love the little things they do! Must remember the orange thing for future reference ;)
Lately DH has started to run a hot bath for me almost every night cause my back is in bits (I always say he only runs it to get rid of me and my whinging :lol: ) and he leaves my book beside the bath and a glass of water (cause its important to stay hydrated in the bath, he says!) Its something really small but always brings a smile to my face!
2blue

Postby exciteddotcom » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Thats lovely. I agree it is nice to praise them from time to time. All I seem to do is give out about what he doesnt do but your right it really is the little things that go along way.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
exciteddotcom

Postby Torrach » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Aw, how cute is he! He is so thoughtful!! And @ Pebbles :hug :hug :hug
Torrach

Postby MarcsMrs » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Ah Pebbles - Big hugs darling, but you know, hes right you arent on your own! How sweet of him to say it!

BM3 - how cute with the water!!! Yea my hubby runs the bath when Im whining about my back too!! I think they do it for some peace & quite!!

My hubby has always been a sweetheart with the little things but I never really appreciated it all until I was away from him for so long!

MarcsMrs

Postby MrsEL10 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:24 pm

That is so sweet. It really is the little things that matter.

Pebbles hope you are you ok hun :hug
TTC # 1 Dec 10 - Dec 12, currently pregnant on # 2 :)
MrsEL10

Postby soexcited » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Ah thats lovely :)
soexcited

Return to General Pregnancy Chat