25 week scan

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

25 week scan

Postby pebbles » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:24 pm

hey ladies..had another scan this morn to check the position of the placenta. its not covering the cervix but ive to go back between 32-34 weeks and be checked again before they'll make any decisions. everything else measuring well. baby is 1 pound 11 ounces approximately. at last scan they told me she was prob a girl.. so i asked again today just cos i didnt wanna be gettting any shocks! well the cheeky baby wouldnt let us see today. had legs bent, closed and kicking off wall of uterus.. cord in the way too. i had bought a few pink babygros but still in plastic.. gonna go exchange em for neutral..just in case...
pebbles

Re: 25 week scan

Postby babyL » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Glad everything went well hunni, hope the placenta stays up now! I worry thinking about the sex aswell as I've bought everything blue and have called bump son for the last 20 weeks so I'm praying baby is a definitely a boy now or I don't know what I'll do! I had just one scan and she said was a boy so I still worry its not lol!
DD born 18/02/04
DS born 04/05/12
babyL

Postby 2blue » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Everything sounding good hun! The.time between now and yer next scan will fly :) A neighbour of ours was told she was having a girl and bought everything pink, even their buggy....and she had a boy! Buggy was already assembled so now shes pushing her son around in a pink buggy! Sure she couod only laugh at it but Id be very cagey about buying too much pink just in case unless they told you youre deffo having a girl ;)
2blue

Postby pebbles » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 pm

yeah ive heard of a few people now who were told girls and ended up having boys. i think its different if ur told ur having a boy cos if they can see a willy then its definite. my last scan lady only even said "probably" a girl. i changed a few babygros today anyway. no harm in having the neutral cos if we have a boy next time please god then can use them again! the only thing thats pink at home is the moses basket! and if its not a girl in july can always send OH out to pick up a neutral one! i painted the room green, and have a black buggy. getting a foot muff for it too so will make sure and get neutral just in case!
pebbles

Postby 2blue » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 am

Ah yer so prepared! Pity they cant be 100% sure sure sure SURE on the baby's gender! In my hospital they sometimes ask if.you want to know the sex and everytime someone I know has been asked that question they have had a boy - prob because the willy being so obvious! Thats why I told them to put a note on my.file saying to not even offer to.tell me the.sex :lol:
The worst thing about the so.called.neutral clothes is that a lot of them seem very boyish imo. Really used to.bug.me!!
2blue

Postby lovemylilbean » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:10 pm

glad everything is ok with u n babs hun :hug id say ur better off stayin with nutural for a while , and when shes born u can always tell hubby to pop put n get some pink or ur mam will get some for u til ur able to go mad on shopping for her lol!babymakes3 it drives me mad lol we arent finding out(i think ask me again at nxt weeks scan lol)but its either too girly or too boyish there isnt much inbetween, ive gotten nearly all the nutural next ones in white and baige, and have finally gotten some white babygrows from tescos, would u put yellow babygrows on a boy?im not sure........
Last edited by lovemylilbean on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
lovemylilbean

Postby 2blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 am

Oh yeah deffo! I have some.yellow.ones alright for Will and a yellow cardi too. The yellow cardi looks soooo cute with.a little blue babygro! Altho I could dress Will in pink and it.would make no difference - he is unmistakeably a little boy! :lol: But seriously tho, there is a terrible lack of.neutral clothes out.there and what is available is usually more.expensive! I didnt buy many neutral clothes. I got those Credit Union saving stamps and every week I put something into them so.when I knew.whether I.was buying.pink or blue I cashed in the stamps and went om a mad shopping.spree! I barely used any of the.neutral stuff cause when you know if its a bou or.girl you want to dress them accordingly, or at least.we did anyway ;)
2blue

Postby lovemylilbean » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 am

thanks bm3 id love to get some baby green ones too but cant find any anywhere, i dont wanna get loads of white coz like u i wanna dress babs in pink r blue til the cows come home :lol: :lol: cant wait for our first shopping spree with our new baby!said to oh we r going as soon as im able n have a rough idea of when im confident enough to take babs out for the day n show them off, :) the credit union is a good idea didnt think of that!might start doing that coz im in there every week anyway, thanks for the tip! :)
lovemylilbean

Postby pebbles » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 am

lovemylilbean i was in mothercare on friday and they had some gorgeous kinda white/grey/mint green ones that id def put on a boy! they were gorgeous! i know im not mad on the neutral stuff tho.. i just have this vision of a little man popping out in july and me with a case of pink things! i dont go to the credit union but teachers get an extra bit of money for yard duty at end of july so im gonna keep that aside for a little splurge! plus i been doing extra homework club for bit of cash and will get a cheque for that at end of june! might open an account for baby and stick it in credit union then. i do have an account myself but its years since i used it! mortgage means i dont have much savings! plus i love shopping so... :twisted:
pebbles

Postby 2blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 am

Oh Im a fecker for shopping! Will was only a few days old and I brought him shopping. Spent a fortune! I love little.jeans and tops etc so got some of them but have since decided babygros are the way to go. We are at home most of the time so I buy some nice babygros in Next and leave him in them. Just handier than an outfit. The way I see it is I prefer to sleep in comfy pajamas myself so why would Will be comfy sleeping in jeans :lol: I do dress him nice when going somewhere like his grans or visiting but generally just leave the babygros on him.
2blue

Postby pebbles » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:43 am

ur dead right bm3! i am def gonna stock up on lovely comfy babygros once we are sure she does/doesnt have a willy!! there just so comfy! once i have few nice bits to wear for days out then ill be happy! time is flying so fast its a little bit scary!
pebbles

Postby 2blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:02 am

Oh it.will do that!! I found the middle bit right up to about 34 ish weeks flew by!! Then yer so anxious to meet baby that each day drags by but when you have baby the days fly past in a.blur!! I cant believe Will is 7 weeks old today! Fastest 7 weeks ever!!! Your baba will be here before you know it chicken :D
2blue

Postby lovemylilbean » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:11 am

thanks pebbles must have alooksie n see :) i know my mam got me some tops ones green n ones white from mothercare n very cute!as for the weeks flyin we were just talkin bout this yest, said to oh now im past the 20wks the wks will really fly by, we have gotten a good bit so far n gald now we have as out on certs from work so im broke at the mo til pay comes in r i get signed back into work from the doc, my mam surprised us the other day when she said she got us a cot and shes already contributing towards to pram shes as good!takes the pressure off a bit knowing we r ok for a while at least
lovemylilbean

Postby 2blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:43 am

Awww thats so.nice of her LMLB!!! Mammys are the bestest :) Mine only dotes on Will! Tis great :)
2blue

Postby mars » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:46 pm

delighted everything went well for you pebbles your weeks seem to be flying.id say get a few neutral things just in case. i kept referring to my baby as a he i hope this dosent effect the child if the baby turns out to be a girl :D
mars

Postby lovemylilbean » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 am

i know bm3 shes as good, too good id say she cant wait to spoil baby already lol!
lovemylilbean

Postby 2blue » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 am

Ah thats what they're there for ;) My mam spoils him something fierce, but.my dad is worse (prob cause I named Will after him and Dad never had any boys of his own so its almost like Will is the son he never had!) Grandparents rule :lol:
2blue

Postby lovemylilbean » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am

awww thats adorable!!shes so excited lol id say shes more excited than us lol but its her first grand child and first grand-niece/nephew so my side r all excited, where as on oh baby will be the 3rd,and theres a good few of oh cousins that have kids too n his sis is pregnant too, must get a i love my nana bib r top for baby to wear when we go around to my mams house lol!
Last edited by lovemylilbean on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovemylilbean

Postby MarcsMrs » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 am

Ah nanas are great for spoiling!! My mum loves buying for my little miss since she only has a grandson so now being able to buy girlie stuff shes gone mad!! I got a tshirt for baby in NY that says "Grandma's are Mums without Rules!" - so so true when it comes to my parents!
My sister has also gone COMPLETELY mad with the shopping - her little man is 2 1/2 so shes delighted to be able to dress a little girl & forever sending me pics of stuff shes bought! Baby has enough clothes for her first year now & I have barely bought anything!

MarcsMrs

Postby lovemylilbean » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:16 pm

thats so nice of them!id say ur lil lady will be spoilt rotten when she comes!ur after babyl id say r you?the nxt few weeks will fly i hope for you :) our baby will be spoilted rotten too id say cant wait to meet our little one!been getting proper kicks the past few days at least i think i am as they keep happening n cant be anything else lol love it!! :cloud9 :cloud9
lovemylilbean

Next

Return to General Pregnancy Chat