weeks weeks weeks??

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

weeks weeks weeks??

Postby mars » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:18 pm

hey everyone i went for my eight week scan and the midwife told me my baby has a very strong heartbeat so myself and hubby r thrilled.that was my second scan and the difference in two weeks was amazing.my bleeding has stopped too thank god. I thought i was 9 weeks going by my doctor however the hospital think im 7 weeks 5 days. I no there isnt a huge difference in the number of weeks and days however ye all know every day seems like forever when u want to tell everyone.Both of our families know were pregnant however we said wed wait until were 12 weeks to tell work friends and our friends. I was so excited and was going to tell everyone at 12 weeks the wait is killing me so should i just still go by my doctors weeks or should i change my weeks now and tell everyone when i really am 12 weeks. Its so annoying. I also got my scan from the hospital and it isnt until May 18th also very far away.
mars

Re: weeks weeks weeks??

Postby babyL » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Delighted baby is well hunni and bleeding has stopped! As for weeks hunni it's only a difference of 9 days so maybe go with your own dates as babys come in different sizes so mayb when you go for next scan the dates will match! I had bleeding at start aswell and went for scan at 7+4 and then had to go back just over 2 weeks later which was 10weeks but baby was then measuring 11+4! I told everyone after my 10week scan as I couldn't hold it in anymore and doctor said baby was strong and healthy and the chance of a Miss was minimum! And here I am 13 days away from my due date :)
DD born 18/02/04
DS born 04/05/12
babyL

Postby MinnieMiss » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:59 am

Well according to dates I'm 12 weeks today but scan said baby was little smaller so am a few days behind. I'm telling friends now though because I'm too excited and can't hold it anymore. :-)
MinnieMiss

Postby lovemylilbean » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:04 pm

id go with ur own dates n then at ur nxt scan then they should be able to tell u ur due date properly, i went for a scan the other week n before she had even scaned me she said i was messuring 18+4 when i said i was 19+2, but i was sayin to sil2be after how could she tell when i was as she hadnt scaned me yet nor had i a scan since 13+2, the mind baffles lol!im goin on my dates the hosp orginaly gave me
lovemylilbean

Postby Bumpmakes3 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Im dying to tell everyone and we've only found out! :D Feels like we'll never get to twelve weeks! :lol:
Bumpmakes3

Postby lovemylilbean » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 pm

tigerlily the weeks will fly by honest!i cant believe im 21 weeks already, i told my mam the day after we found out with this baby as she was naggin me to go somewhere i wasnt able lol n h2b held on id say a week to tell his n his sis found out the night we did coz we called over lol!a few girls at work when i said i was pregnant said they already knew that i looked different :wtf :lol: :lol: plus i had veg n pringles at the same time n this was before i even knew myself i was expecting :lol:
have u told ur parents yet?its so exciting isnt it?
lovemylilbean

Postby 2blue » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:28 am

I used to have so much trouble with the docs in hosp over my.due date. I told them I knew my cycle inside out and I was due Feb 25th. The first scan I got at 6 weeks (emergency scan) said I was due Feb 28th. Then a doc told me I was due Feb 24th at my next scan THEN another one said March 2nd! The date on my file always said Feb 28th as they go by yer first scan regardless of your own dates. Eventually they changed my date to Feb 25th at my.last ante natal appt before labour and voila - Will was born on his due date! I know it was only a discrepancy of a few days but it mattered ti me cause I knew my cycle so well and knew when babs was conceived!
If you want to go by your own dates then do, its easy change them at a later stage. Being honest, once they hear the heartbeat then the danger of anything going wrong drops considerably! And as for telling people, we told our parents straight away, rest of our.families within days, very.close friends at about 8 weeks and by 10 weeks almost everyone found out as I was sick in hospital with.hyperemesis and couldnt hide it!
2blue

Postby pebbles » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 am

my doc checked his little wheel thing and told me im due july 27th but i reckon im july 25th and the scan is going with july 25th! now like u i know this is only 2 days but for being induced or whatever..they better work from july 25th!!! every day is longer to wait!!
pebbles

Postby mars » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:40 pm

thanks every1 it means so much to hear form ye.im going to tell every1when i was going to which is in two weeks time i cant wait any longer.i cant believe ur time has gone so quick babyL ull have ur bundle of joy in no time.
mars

Return to General Pregnancy Chat