1st baby I know nothing

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

1st baby I know nothing

Postby Delt » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 pm

So went to doctor yesterday and basically she confirmed I was pregnant got me to sign a form and tool my blood pressure which was 140/50 which she said was high and that was it she said she would send me out a pack in post!!! So do I just wait now or do I need to do anything else ?
Delt

Re: 1st baby I know nothing

Postby readyforbaby2 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:41 pm

firstly big congrats on your pregnancy! did your doctor mention your booking appointment or scan? My doctor done the same but also sent a letter to the hospital to book in my first scan which should be at 12/13 weeks but depends on what hospital you go to when that will be, but between now and then yes just wait and look after yourself!
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

[url=http://lilypie.com]Image
readyforbaby2

Postby peanut1 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Congrats,hope evething goes well for you and baby.
ya she should take blood test too,
I had to sign a form aswell.
I got no pack in the post,
Just waiting patiently for date for hospital.....how long does that take does anyone know?
=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/]Image
peanut1

Postby NewMummy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:18 pm

When I had my pregnancy confirmation appointment all she did was confirm, no bloods! I already knew what maternity hospital I wanted to go to so she let them know about my pregnancy and a few weeks later I got an appointment letter from Holles Street for when I was about 14 weeks!!
Bloods, family history and urine test were done here and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat!!! :cloud9 Then she organised my scan for me then and there for when I'm 21 weeks...

Thought it might help knowing what way it happened for me, this is my first too so I was totally clueless!!
Congratulations by the way :thumbsup
NewMummy

Postby Mommy2be » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 pm

When i had my first gp appointment with both pregnancies, doc did urine test, blood pressure etc. She just gave me a referral letter to whatever hospital chose to attent confirming the pregnancy. After that i rang holles street on both occassions. They gave me a date over the phone for the initial booking bloods appointment, to meet with the consultant and then one for the anomaly scan. Ring your doc for a referal letter and then ring the maternity hospital that you want to go to and they will take it from there!
Good luck with everything!
Mommy2be

Postby theoldoll » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Interested to know this too!

I went to the doc about 4 weeks ago, she took blood, urine, blood pressure etc and confirmed the news but I didnt sign anything...?

I'm waiting patiently for something to arrive in the post!
Am freaking myself out cos there has been alot of misscarriage in our family :(

I'll be going to CUMH (we have no choice in Cork any more!!)
theoldoll

Return to General Pregnancy Chat