hospital bag(s)

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

hospital bag(s)

Postby lovemylilbean » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:24 pm

so i think i sorted for the hospital for the 3 of us lol!if ive left anything out feel free to add or any suggestions any of the new mammies wanna add to bring /not to bring work away!:

My Labour Bag:

- 1 button down nightie (for skin to skin afterwards),
- A pack of pads, (i know i dont need a whole pack but just leaving them in the pack to keep them clean!),
- Warm socks,
- dressing-gown/robe,
-Small dark towel for the car on the way to hosp,
- Vest,nappy,hat and babygrow, blanket, for my small man,
- Will add ipod, and camera, snacks for oh last min.
- fresh pjs for after labour,
-face cloth,
- boiled sweets and magazine,
- disposable and Granny knickers lol!
- maternity bra.

Baby's Bag:
-8 vests
-8 baby grows,
- 2 cardigans,
-2 hats,
- strach mits,
-2 packs of nappies,
-cotton wool,(top to toe wash,vasline and sudocream, baby shampoo,sponge,baby oil, all travel sized),wash cloth for baby,
- 2 sheets,
-2 blankets (midwife told us to bring our own sheets n blankets as their ones r manky her words not mine lol)
- going home outfit,
-2 baby bath towels,
-1 towel to change him on so nice n soft lol!
- spit up/burp cloths,
- teddy from me and daddy,

General bag:
-Flip flops for shower,
-2 dark towels,
-hair ties,
- snacks and mi wadi(dont like water lol!),
- 2 pairs of pjs as well as the ones in the labour bag,
-socks,
-granny knickers,
-toiletries,
-tree tea oil for pads,
-arnicare tablets,
-slippers,
- going home out fit(to pack last min!),
- more pads and breast pads,
- change of top n jeans for oh,(as well as body spray and hair gel travel sized!)
- fresh maternity bras,
- camera and phone chargers,
-not sure n if allowed hair dryer or straightener in hosp,
- stash of sweets or snacks to much on in case of being hungry!

think thats it, will also have the car seat in the car!
Last edited by lovemylilbean on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lovemylilbean

Re: hospital bag(s)

Postby wannabemummy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:29 pm

wow thats alot...

Got my list from the hosp and dont need half that stuff lol.... youd want a big suitcase for them! lol

Welcome to the world baby Sophie.
wannabemummy

Postby lovemylilbean » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:33 pm

i know, we got a big list from the hosp to bring for baby n i, i dont think ill need it all but better to have too much than not enough lol!
lovemylilbean

Postby peanut1 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:13 pm

:shock: Holy S..t! thats some list! :o
=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/]Image
peanut1

Postby 2blue » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 pm

I found that the towels and going home stuff took up SO much space to I packed them in a separate backpack and gave him my dirty clothes/towels so when I needed fresh stuff he brought in the backpack and vóila! I had everything I needed! ;) Without him having to root around for stuff AND without annoying the other patients and MWs with my ma-hoo-sive bags :lol: I wish I had picked up another pair of slippers to have in that backpack as my waters leaked onto my slippers in the delivery room so they weren't very clean - especially since they started out as white and fluffy :lol:
And I dunno if you NEED to do this but I think its a good idea! In the labour bag I put baby's things into a Ziploc bag - babygro, vest, mitts, nappy etc, everything the baby would need immediately after birth and the MWs commented on how efficient I was as it meant DH didn't have to go looking for the baby's things in my labour bag, they were right there all in the one spot for him to hand to the MWs! ;)
Oh and one other thing, I packed 2 face cloths into the labour bag. One was "just in case" and I was glad I had it! I had one on my forehead and the other on the base of my neck - its a sweaty business :lol: Getting close now LMLB!!!!!!!! So excited for you pet!!!! Doesn't seem like long ago you got your BFP and now your little man is almost here!!! xxxxx
2blue

Postby lovemylilbean » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:14 pm

thanks a mill hun i thought of the ziplock bags today in tesco n forgot them thanks for the tip!and i put in the facecloths into the labour bag, i have a big holdall bag so twill fit the 2 small bags and hold everything else so i can just drag out the bag from under the bed instead of having a big case, when going in n out to my appointments i often see daddys waiting outside with massive suitcases lol! cant wait now hun its getting so close hope the nxt few weeks go fast i just wanna cuddle him now :)
lovemylilbean

Postby 2blue » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:31 am

Awww i hope they go fast too!! Enjoy the last while of feeling him move inside and the last few weeks of it being just the two of you. im glad Will is here but have to say sometimes i miss him being in there! lol
2blue

Postby lovemylilbean » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:51 pm

thanks hunni, yeah we were just saying that, its our last few wks just the 2 of us, its our annivesery in july ill be nearly 36wks by then so wanna do something nice before baby comes, n ill have to share my small man lol,hows will doing hes so cute! :)
lovemylilbean

Postby 2blue » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:20 am

awww yeah be nice to do something for your anniversary!! You'll be due before you know it!!! :) he's doing fine pet, teething at the min so sleep is getting hard to come by again :lol:
2blue

Postby Mommy2be » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Hun,

You have way, way too much stuff there and you are just going to stress yourself out with that!! Remember, you are going into a tiny cubicle, where are you going to put it ??
Bring your labour bag with you only first. Leave the other ONE bag in the car until the next day or until such time as you are settled in the ward after the birth.

Bring the following for the labour bag only (I actually fit all of this into a shoulder bag!):
Nightdress (button down, short!)
Slippers (not bed socks, will drive you nuts when you have to keep pulling them back on and they are too slippy on the corridors.)
Disposable underwear
Maternity pads (just a few in the maternity bag, they will also give you some!)
Hairband or bobbins
Facecloth
Lip Balm (very important, believe me!)
Forget the robe, too much bulk and you are not going to be cold girl!
Bottled water, iphone/ipod, earphones, mag and of course camera!
Not sure if boiled sweets are actually allowed, check!

With Baby’s bag pack for both of you:
Vests x4
Babygros/ Stretch Suits x4
Bibs
Hats/ Scratch Mitts x2
Cardigans
Cotton Wool
Nappies
Nappy bags (not a necessity, they are provided!)
Hooded towel x1
Blankets, if really needed, but I would only bring 1 sheet and 1 blanket.
Wipes (bring one of the mini packs)
Muslin Cloths (to be honest I used theirs, but bring 2 max)
Toiletry bag (Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower gel)
Makeup
Bath Towel x1
Phone Charger
Hairdryer/ straightener

Going home Bag (Leave this at home and have your OH bring it in the morning or night before you are due to leave!)
Sleep Suit for home
Change of Clothes for you
(Remember, maternity clothes… last thing you want to do is try to squeeze into a pair of size 10 skinny jeans if your stitched to the eyeballs!!!)
Shoes

That is seriously all i brought. Everything for both baby and i fit into one small carry on case and it was easy to put away in the corner of the cubicle and didn't take up much room at all. I sent the labour bag home the next day and hubby brought the going home bag in the morning we were leaving, i was ready otherwise, just needed to throw the clothes onto me and baby. Remember, half the stuff is not necessary, its all availabe in the hospital so don't freak out if you forget something!!
This time around, i'm going to be bringing even less!
Mommy2be

Postby lovemylilbean » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:39 am

babymakes3 wrote:awww yeah be nice to do something for your anniversary!! You'll be due before you know it!!! :) he's doing fine pet, teething at the min so sleep is getting hard to come by again :lol:

ah poor lil man they suffer with their teeth, any sign of any coming up?poor thing :( hope he lets u sleep soon!

Mommy2be wrote:Hun,

You have way, way too much stuff there and you are just going to stress yourself out with that!! Remember, you are going into a tiny cubicle, where are you going to put it ??
Bring your labour bag with you only first. Leave the other ONE bag in the car until the next day or until such time as you are settled in the ward after the birth.

Bring the following for the labour bag only (I actually fit all of this into a shoulder bag!):
Nightdress (button down, short!)
Slippers (not bed socks, will drive you nuts when you have to keep pulling them back on and they are too slippy on the corridors.)
Disposable underwear
Maternity pads (just a few in the maternity bag, they will also give you some!)
Hairband or bobbins
Facecloth
Lip Balm (very important, believe me!)
Forget the robe, too much bulk and you are not going to be cold girl!
Bottled water, iphone/ipod, earphones, mag and of course camera!
Not sure if boiled sweets are actually allowed, check!

With Baby’s bag pack for both of you:
Vests x4
Babygros/ Stretch Suits x4
Bibs
Hats/ Scratch Mitts x2
Cardigans
Cotton Wool
Nappies
Nappy bags (not a necessity, they are provided!)
Hooded towel x1
Blankets, if really needed, but I would only bring 1 sheet and 1 blanket.
Wipes (bring one of the mini packs)
Muslin Cloths (to be honest I used theirs, but bring 2 max)
Toiletry bag (Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower gel)
Makeup
Bath Towel x1
Phone Charger
Hairdryer/ straightener

Going home Bag (Leave this at home and have your OH bring it in the morning or night before you are due to leave!)
Sleep Suit for home
Change of Clothes for you
(Remember, maternity clothes… last thing you want to do is try to squeeze into a pair of size 10 skinny jeans if your stitched to the eyeballs!!!)
Shoes

That is seriously all i brought. Everything for both baby and i fit into one small carry on case and it was easy to put away in the corner of the cubicle and didn't take up much room at all. I sent the labour bag home the next day and hubby brought the going home bag in the morning we were leaving, i was ready otherwise, just needed to throw the clothes onto me and baby. Remember, half the stuff is not necessary, its all availabe in the hospital so don't freak out if you forget something!!
This time around, i'm going to be bringing even less!

hey ya, its loads but i got a list to bring all the baby clothes n stuff for myself from d hosp plus oh works 6.30am to 3 so i dont want him running back n forth from work to house to hosp n back again,dunno if he will take leave from the day baby is born r til d day we go home so not taking any chances lol!id prefer to have too much than not enough and when i for my apps at the hosp u always see d daddies2be with massive suitcases ill kick mine under the bed when i dont need it
lovemylilbean

Postby MarcsMrs » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I agree with taking in a bit more than you think you will need.....we were told to bring 4 sleepsuits & vest for baby but I ended up having to send DH out to buy more as she was very mucousy for the first few days & spat up all over quite a few sleepsuits!! She also pee'd all over the sheet in her cot at one stage so it was handy to have a few of those!!

MarcsMrs

Postby lovemylilbean » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm

thanks hun, u never know what u might n mightnt need my hosp told us to pack for 4 days but will likely be out in two if everything is ok with both of us so prob wont need all of it we r out the country n our hosp is in the city so bit of a drive for oh to make while we r there, just saw ur new pics of baby eabha so cute :) hows she doing with the night time sleeps?
lovemylilbean

Postby MarcsMrs » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Our hospital is over 90mins from our house so from when I went into labour until we were released from the hospital DH never went home, we had everything we needed either in the bags or in the car, including car seat! DH stayed with friends rather than do the 3hr round-trip everyday so Im glad we packed quite a bit of stuff!

Éabha is doing good, she has a bit of a cold & we both have picked up throat infections so are on antibiotics but Daddy has been looking after us for the weekend & he did the feeds for me the last two night which has really helped! She is feeding about every 3hrs now rather than every 2hrs so its getting easier....cant wait til she is going 4hrs between feed...the thoughts of 4hrs sleep in a row is AMAZING!! But its so funny how you learn to function on so little sleep....though Ive become a complete coffee addict!

You are getting so close now!! How are the nerves?

MarcsMrs

Postby lovemylilbean » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:42 pm

oh no u have a sick house so get well soon the both of ye!oh doing the feeds for u will give u a bit of a rest too, grand now just really excited cant wait to meet our little man n see who he looks like or if he will be the chubby baby i think he might be lol!do u get a 32 week scan to see how big baby is or estimate how big babs will be when they r born ive the clinic tues just wondering really,
lovemylilbean

Postby MarcsMrs » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:56 pm

I only had a scan at 12 weeks with my hospital so Ive no idea! Had a private scan done at 33weeks & they estimated that Éabha would be around 7lbs 7 or 8 oz....turned out she was only 6lbs 15oz at 4 days overdue so they scans really arent that accurate! 8 weeks left for you.....EXCITING!!!

MarcsMrs

Postby lovemylilbean » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 am

big difference there!ah as long as hes here n healthy i dont mind what size he is, bags r packed did them last night, so all set more or less going to pick up the car seat between tody n wed cant wait lol!been waiting 5 weeks for it to come into the shop!id say i might get one hope i do lol!was at the hosp yest for very bad pain and i had cramps that werent going had them since sat so i said id better get checked out turns out i have spd n the doc was asking if i had a scan recently like in the last wk said i was in tues so thinkin she may put in sacn tomorrow on my chart,
lovemylilbean

Return to General Pregnancy Chat