things to avoid during pregnancy

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

things to avoid during pregnancy

Postby marchbaby » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Just wondering if theres certain foods etc or activites( obiviously contact sport) which should be avoided during pregnancy? i know some one said something about soft cheeses..so does that mean no cheesecake?? :helpme
marchbaby

Re: things to avoid during pregnancy

Postby MrsS11 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:02 pm

As far as I know cream cheese like philadelphia is fine. Any cheese or milk products that are pasteurised is ok the cheeses to avoid are ones like Brie or blue cheese. Anything with raw egg is be avoided which can be in certain ice creams :cry: especially homemade stuff! I've been researching this myself!! Im not sure about mayonnaise maybe someone else can clear that up!! Oh n pate isn't good it's to do with the bacteria listeria. I also seen something about deli meats but again not 100% sure about this either!!

Hope that helps
MrsS11

Postby lovemylilbean » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:33 pm

hi hun ive been havin deli meats ham lunchon etc all the way through n me n babs r fine however i have been avoiding coleslaw from any deli counters and just get my usual one from dunnes as it has pasturised eggs in it n same for the potato salad, too much caffeine, thin its only 2 cups of coffee and 3/4 cups of tea a day, ammmmmm, the icecream thing is softwhip from icecream vans r shops coz u dont know how clean the machine is, and the blue cheese, or soft cheeses, philly is fine im not a dairy girl exp i have had mozerella once r twice n again its fine just check the back of labels of anything like salads etc for pasturised eggs n u will be fine its more to do with home made stuff i think u have to be more careful about
lovemylilbean

Postby marchbaby » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Wow thanks girls Id no clue!!! not really into coleslaw etc but love soft ice cream cones!! oh well..next summer1!
marchbaby

Postby lovemylilbean » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:58 pm

no prob hun i know on hot days id love a 99 cone lol!oh n meats as in steak etc just make sure they arent rare or medium rare, n all food is heated up correctly, threres loads u can n cant have but sometimes i think seriously gimme my ham sandwich :lol: :lol:
lovemylilbean

Postby Mommy2be » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Hmmm things to avoid while pregnant....

Sneezing... soon to become known to you as snissing!!
Going out without panty liners, refer to statement above!
Bending over in public as involuntary breaking of wind can not be helped while pregnant.
Trying to get shoes out from under your bed! It's a tight squeeze under there, especially if you forget about bump.
Wearing tight jeggings, whoever thought putting pregnant women in them was cool should be shot!
Non padded maternity bras under a tshirt. When you are pregnant your nipples become like calf nuts and can be seen from Mars!
Thats most of the activities covered... i think ;o)
With regards to the foods etc to avoid... all in moderation. A cup of real coffee is fine if you replace the rest with decaff. Soft cheeses but the likes of philedelphia is fine. Herbal tea, green tea is to be avoided but i kept eating as i normally did before i got pregnant but made sure that the majority of my choices were healthy.
Enjoy yourself, if you cut out everything you will be miserable.
So... if you want that 99.. have it... once its not every day!
Mommy2be

Postby marchbaby » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Mommy2be wrote:Hmmm things to avoid while pregnant....

Sneezing... soon to become known to you as snissing!!
Going out without panty liners, refer to statement above!
Bending over in public as involuntary breaking of wind can not be helped while pregnant.
Trying to get shoes out from under your bed! It's a tight squeeze under there, especially if you forget about bump.
Wearing tight jeggings, whoever thought putting pregnant women in them was cool should be shot!
Non padded maternity bras under a tshirt. When you are pregnant your nipples become like calf nuts and can be seen from Mars!
Thats most of the activities covered... i think ;o)
With regards to the foods etc to avoid... all in moderation. A cup of real coffee is fine if you replace the rest with decaff. Soft cheeses but the likes of philedelphia is fine. Herbal tea, green tea is to be avoided but i kept eating as i normally did before i got pregnant but made sure that the majority of my choices were healthy.
Enjoy yourself, if you cut out everything you will be miserable.
So... if you want that 99.. have it... once its not every day!

Very good Mommy2be!! Id nearly agree with the sneezing already!! or coughing!!
marchbaby

Postby Soph2013 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Why do you have to avoid herbel tea ? I've been having calmonmile (spl?) & roibosh tea
Soph2013

Postby sunshine » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 pm

During pregnancy you should avoid drinking large quantities of Tea/coffee as they contain caffeine which too much can cause miscarriages in early pregnancy. I presume certain types of herbal tea are to be avoided as for example green tea contains a lot of antioxidants so that wouldn't be great if you were pregnant. If you aren't sure I'd say ask your doc or midwife the next time you are in with them. Its always best to double check when it comes to herbs and the likes...
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image
sunshine

Return to General Pregnancy Chat