full term today whoooop!

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Re: full term today whoooop!

Postby lovemylilbean » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Kerrygal wrote:We were in the crescent last Thursday and it was crazy to see the amount of bumps and babies and seemingly its only the start of a '50 shades' boom :lol: Ok panic over I was thinking I should be packed at this stage but still have a few bits to pick up for both of us I just hate facing the shops without my oh!! Im the same with water only ever drink sparkley water. Aw I can imagine at this stage I know myself the tiredness is back again and last couple of days have felt braxton hicks. The nerves at the unknown are there not knowing will there be any problems between now and dd or when Ill go into labour the usual Im not great with lack of control :lol: Weve got a good bit the bottles, do-dis, vests, moses basket, vests, babygros, nappies, wipes, socks but still feel like weve bucket more to get cant get much clothes not knowing are we having a boy or girl but sure wha harm :)
:breastfeeding

we just about finished getting stuff for babs 1 thing id say to u is to get groegg its the colour changing egg that tells the temp on the room, our house is very warm oh had it in babys room today n turned it on it was 25.5 degrees babys rm sposed to be between 16 n 20 so we got a fan to help cool down the room as we re-insulated d house bout 2yrs ago never have to have the heating on lol! it also changes colour blues too cold, yellow is perfect, orange too warm red is roasting handy in the middle of the night!

theres a good few baby sales on at the mo in the parkway sat i think there is some baby thing on too think its on tomorrow aswell, how u finding the heat?ull have to have a major shopping spree when babs comes lol!i keep dreamin babs is gonna be a girl after buying small man all his blue clothes lol!keep sayin to oh we did see his winky n his balls didnt we? :roflmao :roflmao :screwy
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 pm

:thanks for the heads up about the groegg must pick one up this house is so much warmer than the last house we were in its fandabadoozy!!!! We were in guineys Tuesday but didnt see much not helped by people refusing to get out of the way but got few bits there and smyths hoping to get into town or the crescent Monday or Tuesday. I hate the heat I couldnt handle it pre-pregnancy not to mind now it drives my skin worse than it already is tend to only go out late in the evening have a fan on all day how about you??? Oh wont know what hit him when babs arrives itll be a sea of blue or pink. Still have no inkling which it is part of me says a girl part of me says a boy :roflmao Ah I think your going to second guess until your little man is in your arms and you can see his bits and bobs :lol:
http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image[/url]
Kerrygal

Postby lovemylilbean » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 am

haha i know he has a bony lil bum like his daddy already :lol: :lol: guineys have good offers, i got nearly all his sheets and all his cellular blankets in there i was doubtful of the blankets at first bought 1 n washed it(the fibers go everywhere when u take them out of the packet!) but washed well n into the dryer came out really soft, 3 for 5 euros flat moses/pram sheets in flannel, again really good out of the wash, i got some fleece blankets in pennys dunnes and tkmaxx, n his sis knitted 2 beautiful blankets 1 of which im gonna save for his christening shawl/blanket, and im crocheting one almost done now! :)

hope u get ur few bits n bobs today in town!mc still have a sale on at the mo n next pennys have lovely nuteral winter stuff in n so hnm!
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:08 pm

I got a few bits in guineys and must go into them again just found it very frustrating when people just stood there refusing to get out of the way I could have screamed :lol: Warning to people I have a lot less patience than I used to have :lol: Course just as we planned to go into town himself gets called into work one of the lads gf's had her baby a gorgous baby girl :) So plan now is to go in next Monday or Tuesday whichever day hes off. We managed to get to mothercare yesterday even after our gp appointment and get the breast pump I wanted Im hoping to bf even if just for a few days or weeks but if it doesnt work I wont be killing myself. How are you feeling?
http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image[/url]
Kerrygal

Postby lovemylilbean » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:56 pm

ah good stuff fair play and best of luck with the bf, theres a bf clinic for new mams 2 to 4 every tues in the evening ive my clinic then so they kinda clash lol but see lots of tiny babs's lol there was a lo yest only 6 days old i was just like starin at him lol!he was so small!!really excited now doc did an internal n im on the right track said she'd try n do a sweep, oh my god!sore.com lol! leave ir dignity at the door pick it up on the way out is what i say :lol: :lol: anyway cervix is open a bit but not enough to do sweep so going again tuesday, ill be 39+4, sposed to help bring things on n can take up to 48hrs so hopefully baby will be here by his due date if not before then,feelin bit off since yesterday lots of pressure n period-y on n off, few bh, but nothing to say hes coming aarrghh haha!

hope ur keeping well urself when r u back to the clinic?
lovemylilbean

Postby mrsB » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Sorry to butt in...but I can't believe you're nearly ready to pop lmlb!! U must be so excited!
Best of luck, I hope it all goes really well for ya :D
mrsB

Postby lovemylilbean » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm

thanks hun very excited just waiting for him to come oh rang me today wantin to know if my waters had gone yet haha!i wish!then we will be some bit on the way to small man!hes too comfy in there haha! :)
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Aw thanks for telling me about the clinic Im definatley going to pop in to it. Im very nervous about the logistics Im not going to be whipping my boob out in front of anybody :lol: But my neurologist said its the best way to wean our little one off my epilepsy meds. I cant imagine the internals are pleasant their definatley one part Im not looking forward to but it really sounds like your on the right track. Hopefully your little man will arrive on time. It would be great if the sweep gets things started for you. Im good tired and definatley starting to feel more pressure and an increase in braxton. Gp told us bubs has dropped right down which shocked me. I really dont feel this little one will go right to my dd. We were in the crescent earlier mobbed as usual and started to panic when I started to feel cramps in my lower tummy back and sides but once I sat down they stopped definatley think its my body saying start taking it easy :lol: Im back for a scan Wednesday and back to the clinic the following Tuesday. Starting the classes Monday week so its really the final countdown
Kerrygal

Postby lovemylilbean » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 pm

the times really flying for ya the appointments reaaly pick up from now makes it so much more real if that makes sense!do listen to ur body n rest when u can it gets hard from now on invest in a v shaped pillow, they r god send when u get to my stage for supporting bump in bed, or just sitting up to support ur back :)

hope so maybe even bit early feeling bit crampy today not sure n could be wrong but i think i lost some mucus plug, was in the bathroom at the time so didnt look but heard a 'plop' lol n i know wasnt anything else oh the glamour of it all :lol: my small man is a busy baby this morning, bopping around the place :)
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Aw it would be amazing if your little man arrived early. Do you need to ring the midwife or anything or just see how it goes?? Aw Im really excited for you :lol: Yeah Im really starting to find it now the last couple of weeks just burning out very fast and If walking for any long periods of time getting crampy. Then to top it all off weve ended up fostering a little doggy my oh rescued at work last Sunday. Spend 2 days looking for a long term home for him he went to another lady on Tuesday that we thought was going to be his long term home needless to say it was a disaster she was a complete fruitcake so hes back with us. I really want to keep him but we have our 3 and dont think twould be fair on anybody I know most people wouldnt understand but its breaking our hearts and we want to do everything for him Im a flipping softie :)
Kerrygal

Postby lovemylilbean » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:04 am

what kind of dog is he hun our friends mam is looking for a dog at the mo!might be able to help you out?

was grand for the rest of the day just bit crampy on n off nothing major will just see how it goes n if small man decides he wants to come tis fine by me lol! oh stop statring to hate the cresent people dont care they just bash into bump or get annoyed coz ur not going fast enough for them, walk around me god sake haha!
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Aw come on little man your keeping us all in suspense :lol: The little doggy is 90% jack russell not sure what else he has markings of a dalmation in him but is definatley the size of a jack russell :) Have a look at the live95 website under lost and found hes the doggy that was found in the bus/train station. Hes such a sweetie great with our lot no aggression even when giving him food he doesnt try and grab it. Hes well and trully won our hearts we were saying just last night that if it was earlier in the pregnancy we wouldnt be thinking twice about it hed be staying just have the worry about how much time hed take to train at least our 3 including the cat have had time to get used of their soon being a new arrival!! Dont get me started on the crescent I swear the rudeness by people it irritated the life outta me its not like you can miss bump a little respect wouldnt go amiss :brickwall
Kerrygal

Postby lovemylilbean » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 pm

u nailed it on the head there hun the rudeness of some people its like they want u to get bashed or something! this morning i was thinking it may be starting or at least not too far away, started getting mild pain every few mins this morning for few hrs rang the maternity said to just walk around n take parcetamol if needed and see how i went, as i think, i maybe wrong but dont think so i lost my mucus plug yest r at least some i lost some at 34/35 wks too, she said it maybe early labour just see how it went que mad cleaning frenzy lol n we went out for the day, had some more period pain in dunnes doing shopping u know that dull ache u get just before af?like that r the same as it, came home went to the loo as i thought id see blood r something nope nothing n gone now again, my body is teasing me i think!

will say it to our friend hun hes a cute looking thing poor thing to get dumped like that :( our pooch is passed out on her comfy bed, cat watch is tough going :lol: :lol:
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Aw I really hope it has started or starts today properly today for you :hug It must be so frustrating. I know the lad my oh works with his gf had their babs last week shed spent a couple of days walking continuosly maybe it could help just dont go far from home or alone :lol: I had no idea you could lose the plug that early tells you how little I know I thought when you lose the plug that was the start of bubs arriving tells you how much I have to learn!!!! Aw poor pooch our 2 grew up with cats so their well used of them and get on great with our cat. He has our heart broken I so want to keep him :( Hes already gone through so much:( its a week today since Dave caught him we had him until Tuesday and he made his way back to us Friday hence why Dave called him Boomerang :lol: Hes such a little sweetheart I left him into the sitting room Friday even though none of our lot are allowed beyond the kitchen he zonked on my feet I hadnt the heart to move him Im a big softie :lol:
Kerrygal

Postby milc » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 pm

ooohhh hun hoping your little man makes an appearance soon.. You must be so fed up of it all though.. xxxxx :goodluck chicken and wishing you the best for the mayhem lol..x
milc

Postby lovemylilbean » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:48 pm

still here girls lol!didnt get to go for a walk few friends called by surprise so had a good laugh with them today n my mam was here too didnt mind as am wrecked from yest, gonna bounce on the ball a while i think, few niggles again today but one of the girls that called today is training to be a mw at our hosp kerrygirl she recons i wont make it to due date that they may keep e after clinic tues esp if ive been getting pains all weekend on n off n started to open tmi sorry lol last tuesday on first baby, yeah the plug regenerates(sp?) itsself so if u loose it its no biggie aslong as its not a bloody show

will ask friend when he has the courage to come up lol!think i frightened him last week hes been gettin on my nerves a bit :brickwall thanks milc how u getting on?wont be long for ye gils now time flies!
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Aw I can imagine how frustrating it must be at this stage but its great that you had a good day you needed that. It would be great if you didnt go to full term it would be all over you and youd have your handsome little man!!! Id no idea with the plug you learn something new every day :lol: Its great to have a friend whos a midwife ask her all the questions Im like you I reach for what to expect when your expecting or ask a friend who is an emt its great to have that support especially now that the braxton hicks have kicked in and have got cramps on and off that pre bubs I wouldnt have given a seconds thought about!! Oh theres no panic with asking your friend whenever you get a chance youd never know I may end up persuading Dave to keep the little guy. I know what you mean though about friends getting on your nerves a friend of mine thinks he knows everything there is about pregnancy all because hes sil is pregnant he even expects to be at her birth Ive lost my cool more than once with him :lol:
Kerrygal

Postby Kerrygal » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:00 pm

:hug :hug :hug and fingers and toes crossed that you go into natural labour or they give you a helping hand Tuesday
Kerrygal

Postby lovemylilbean » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 pm

thanks hun me too been bouncin on my ball for the last hour hope its doing something lol!its great to be able to ask these things isnt it n she doesnt care coz she sees it the whole time lol!although im not allowed have her when i go into labour n tbh i want it that way theres some lines ya just dont cross :lol:

oh id swing for yer man lol im sure shed want he own partner in there with her when she has the baby!oh cant wait now everyday oh is like is he gonna come today or talking to bump telling him to come out lol very cute :) how u getting on?u wont feel it now the next few weeks fly by :)
lovemylilbean

Postby Kerrygal » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Aw I really hope the ball helps and gets things moving along!! Its fantastic to have somebody to chat to sometimes I feel compleatley clueless its great to have somebody who knows about these things. I know exactley what you mean myself and himself were chatting the other night and he said part of him wants to see bubs 'emerging' I said in no uncertain terms that hell be staying at the head end and dont go getting any ideas!!! Oh I have tried to pull the friend back to normality on more occasions than Id care to remember he has an opinon on everything Id say something if he was close to his brother and sil but hes not stupid idiot :brickwall
Its really sinking in now how close we are Id be lying if I said I wasnt nervous but also really looking forward to seeing the bubs weve waited so long for. Other than that the tiredness is back with a vengance not helped by our lo kicking at every god given hour but its amazing to feel and see such strong movements and kicks. The braxton hicks are stronger than I expected them to be and can get crampy now and again but itll be all be worth it :)
Kerrygal

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Chat