20 week scan

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

20 week scan

Postby Lexie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 pm

So I had my 20 week scan today.
Haven't changed my ticker few days ahead of where I thought I was.
All good. Fantastic to see little feet, arms, hands waving, lips and nose. Absolutely amazing .
Baby doing fine and growing as should be.
I'm doing ok.
Consultant did offer to write me off sick for a week or 2 if I'm that exhausted.
More fed up with MS than anything else. Was very tempted as very fed up with work but will keep going for another few weeks!
Interestingly he was not too worried about my awful diet.
He would only worry if baby was not growing at rate should be. So keep drinking, eating bread, bland food anything I can keep down and see him again in another 4 weeks or before if I'm worried.
Have to admit scans and seeing baby is really what is keeping me goings not enjoying being pregnant one little bit :secret2
Lexie

Re: 20 week scan

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Aw Lexie great to hear baby is doing great, I'd say you're delighted
You should listen to the doc though, if he thinks you need the time off maybe you should consider it?

Is the MS still bad? I haven't had any yet & I'm crossing my fingers I'll be lucky and avoid it completely
HoneyBee

Postby Lexie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 pm

DH had to clean the kitchen floor list week as I didnt make it to the sink. Definitely improving but still there. Exhausted spent the whole day in bed yesterday. Not sleeping great so really not firing on cylinders.
Busy period in work and know if I take time off will just have to catch up anyway so will plod on for another couple of weeks and see then. Wile not happy in work still have a conscience and fairly decent work ethic!
Lexie

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 pm

I know what you mean - I remember you saying you worked in sales isn't that right? Me too, so I know what the environments like, it's not a job you can just be out for a week and come back and pick it up.

And is it everyday or are you just getting sick occasionally now? God love you
HoneyBee

Postby Lexie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:33 pm

I wasn't sick today! :happydance
Lexie

Postby Bumpmakes3 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm still sick everyday. Vomit a lot at work but have to just keep going, haven't been hospitalised in a few week so thats great for me!!. The joys of pregnancy! Keep thinking positively.
Bumpmakes3

Postby Lexie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 pm

I know there are a lot worse out there than me!
Lexie

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

I don't know how I'd cope?!

I feel bad for myself when I puke with a hangover :roflmao
HoneyBee

Postby lovemylilbean » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:47 am

hey hun glad ur scan went great, n bubba is happy out :) can ur gp give u anything for the sickness?id say its desperte poor thing :(
lovemylilbean

Postby Lexie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Discussed it with the consultant yesterday and all he said was to keep hydrated and keep thinking bland, crackers, nuts etc.
Toast pancakes crackers corn flakes nothing stayed down this morning.
Cried my eyes out in the shower At 1030 and wished I had taken the sick note. Did a few calls but had to come home to bed. Have managed to eat now but head throbbing and reAdy for the bed again .
Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day :think
Lexie

Return to General Pregnancy Chat