Question about vitamins?

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Question about vitamins?

Postby Cas11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi all,
I used to be on this forum when ttc a few years ago and things just wern't working out for us with it. Its been almost 4 years of nothing, when suddenly on holidays this september we somehow managed to conceive!! :) So I am overjoyed and also in complete shock!! When i got my bfp at 5 wks pg I went to a walk in clinic and the doc advised I take preganacare plus extra folic acid (.4mg) and also avonmore supermilk to give me a big boost of all vits but especially folic acid as regretfully i wasnt taking folic acid before conceiving (as I thought we had fertility issues and had given up). I am now at almost 9 weeks and just worrying about my intake of nutrients. Iv been violently ill with nausea for the past 2 weeks. At 6 weeks pg i couldnt even keep down water. So I found it very difficult to even keep my vitamins down. I felt like pregnacare was making me worse so my own gp said not to worry, give them a little break but stay on the folic acid (.4mg). So between not eating great and being so sick and only on the bare minimum of folic acid im now worrying if the baby is ok in there!! Also got blood test results back today and they said im low on iron and my vit D levels arnt great so i need to go back on pregnacare now, which I am starting back on today. So I guess I'm just wondering has anyone been in the same boat and then go on to have a healthy 12 week scan?! Thanks, I know that was an essay!!
Cas11

Re: Question about vitamins?

Postby Baileybree » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Massive congrats Cas11, from someone who's been trying for 4 years it's brilliant to hear a success story.. sorry I don't have much advice about vitamins etc but maybe one of the lovely ladies on the summer babies train could help, just want d to pop on and say congrats
Baileybree

Postby Cas11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Thanks a million Baileybree, I will try the girls there! The major thing I think that was stopping us conceiving all along was my stress levels. I didnt think I was that stressed all the time, but I left the job that really wasnt right for me and moved on to another workplace. Went on a nice relaxing hol, unwound, and boom!:) So my advice to anyone that has been trying for a long time is definately invest in yourself and your own relaxation. It may all be a coincidence, but I hadnt been so happy in years and then it just happened for us when everything else aligned. I hope everything works out for you, keep positive because it really can happen to you out of the blue!! X
Cas11

Postby Baileybree » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:28 pm

It probably isn't a coincidence at all, I'm def a very wound up person and I'm sure it doesn't help but as long as I'm so obsessed with getting pg I can't see that I will relax but I do need to try... was thinking of trying acupuncture to help...

Again a massive congrats it's amazing and I wish u al the best for your pregnancy!
Baileybree

Postby Cas11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Acupuncture is def worth a shot Id say! Or even a little break away if you could when ovulating so you relax coz honestly it was probably the first time I unwound in years.. All the best with the ttc, dont give up and keep on the vits coz u never know!! Thanks so much for your response. X
Cas11

Postby chloec214 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi cas I remember when I was last pregnant, I was very sick, my doc told me not to take pregnecare because apparently it makes the sickness worse, I didnt take anything only the folic acid all threw my pregnancy as I was always sick. She was and is a very healthy child. Dont worry, baby's suck the nutrients from you so they will get it either way
chloec214

Postby Cas11 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks for your reply Chloe, thats great to know! It says on the box not to take on an empty stomach and most of the time my stomach is empty bcoz of the nausea so i feel so guilty only taking the bare minimum. I think il stop with the pregnacare altogether i think its more important to be able to eat right now. Hopefully the baby is getting what he/she needs from me!! Thanks a mill.. X
Cas11

Return to General Pregnancy Chat