6 Weeks Pregnant! First Baby

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

6 Weeks Pregnant! First Baby

Postby Fuzzylemon0151 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:25 am

Hi All, so i just found out im 6 weeks pregnant i did 4 home pregnancy tests on monday night all positive and then attended the Doc tuesday eve. she checked me over and all was ok except i had pain in my left side when she pressed in. She send me to hospital to have a scan just incase it was etopic. (super freeking out at this piont) went there yesterday god no scan but the OBS did an internal and checked my cervix etc. She said if it was etopic i would be leaping off the bed in pain when she did the internal. She also was not very happy with my GP even mentioning etopic she said she just should have sent me in for a check. Anywho i have very very very slight spotting this morning. is this normal?

Thanks so much xxx :positive
Fuzzylemon0151

Re: 6 Weeks Pregnant! First Baby

Postby Flipper23 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi Fuzzy, I didn’t want to read and run, congratulations! Thank god it’s not ectopic, the GP really did give you a scare.

Re spotting, it can be fairly normal. I would just keep an eye. If it persists, I’d go to doctor and if it gets heavier go to your nearest EPU.

Hopefully all ok and it’s just little bean getting comfy! X
Flipper23

Postby Kerrshay » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:08 pm

I trust that you are fine. Spotting during pregnancy is normal. Just get the scan done to see that all is well. If you were having an ectopic pregnancy then you would be experiencing these signs and symptoms: https://menstrual-cycle-calculator.com/ ... diagnosis/
Kerrshay

Postby Rebecca » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm afraid I can't give much advice about the spotting but just wanted to say Congratulations! Your poor thing, your GP really did give you a terrible shock
Rebecca

Return to General Pregnancy Chat