Choosing Delivery Hospital?

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Choosing Delivery Hospital?

Postby asun » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:07 pm

I am originally from the States. I really wanted to try for a waterbirth and have as natural delivery as possible. However, we live in Tipperary and the closest maternity hospital is Limerick.
I know Coombe offers water births. Can I choose which hospital to deliver in? I am willing to drive an extra hour to have the delivery I want but everything I read suggests that I’m pretty much stuck with the hospital in Limerick.
I am confused because in the States we can choose between multiple hospitals, birth centers, etc. It seems to me there is a big lack of choice in the maternity care. It makes me even more nervous than I already am.
asun

Re: Choosing Delivery Hospital?

Postby chloec214 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:01 pm

No you choose a hospital and think you've to stick with it, now Im not sure if you can choose the coombe as your hospital but you'd have to travel to all your appointments. And I dont think you are promised the pool anyway, if someone goes into labour before you and they want the pool too they get it first.
chloec214

Return to General Pregnancy Chat