Possible miscarriage symptoms

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Possible miscarriage symptoms

Postby Bby1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi everyone so for the past 24 hours I have been having some symptoms that I think may indicate something is wrong... I had a pretty active day yesterday so when I started cramping about 5pm and having pretty severe lower back pain I just put it down to over doing it a small bit. However when I got home and lay down the cramps seemed even worse and the back pain was excruciating. It wasn’t gassy cramps more like period cramps but sharper and constant. I had them all night, I woke up a few times and had to curl up in a ball. By this morning they had dulled down as had the back pain but they were still noticeable. I have had them all day today and also a headache. I had some brown spotting followed by yellow spotting followed by clear watery discharge and now I have vaginal dryness ( sorry tmi) the cramps and back pain are lessened somewhat now. Like a dull throbbing. I don’t know something just doesn’t feel right. My shoulders and bones feel achy and the headache and nausea isn’t what I have had up until now. I also had 3 bowel movements today... which is a lot considering I’m lucky to get one some days. Sorry tmi again. I’m just wondering has anyone else experienced this?! I’m 12 weeks and due for my first hospital and scan appointment on Wednesday so unless it gets worse I’ll prob just wait until then... I should mention about 3 weeks ago I had black grainy discharge and then 5 days of darkish brown discharge...
Bby1

Re: Possible miscarriage symptoms

Postby Flipper23 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Bby1 you poor thing, sounds like you are in the wars. Have you had an early scan? Anything that has confirmed the pregnancy is in the right spot? I don’t think you should ignore pain at this stage, if I were you I would call the doctor tomorrow and see if they will scan you tomorrow, I don’t think I would wait until Wednesday since you really sound like you’re feeling unwell.

It could very well be a bug. The doctor told me before that pains in your bowels are very similar to period cramps and that would explain the bowel movements. I really hope it is nothing but I wouldn’t leave it until Wednesday to get checked out
Flipper23

Postby Baileybee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Bby so sorry you're going through this, I agree with flipper I really wouldn't wait if you're in obvious pain. Get yourself down to the emergency room and they'll scan you... never feel bad about pushing doctors if you're worried about anything... let us know how u get on, will be thinking of you.
Baileybee

Postby Bby1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks so much for the quick replies guys! I didn’t have an early scan, I was booked for one but my morning sickness was so bad I ended up cancelling it! Maybe it is just a bug! I think I will do as you suggest and give the maternity a call tomorrow and see what they suggest! Cramps aren’t too bad right now but feeling a lot of pelvic pressure and my back is still twinging away. I have problems with a twisted pelvis due to an injury and have suffered lower back pain on and off so it could be that! I suffered pretty badly with migraines all pregnancy up until a few weeks ago but they seem to have gone, I put it down to hormones leveling out but now I’m worried with the disappearance of them, the sickness and the energy boost the pregnancy might have ended and I didn’t know...
Bby1

Postby Baileybee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Definitely give them a call bby, even if it's just to put your mind at rest, all the stress isn't good for you or the baby... try to get some sleep tonight if u can and let us know how u get on tomorrow
Baileybee

Postby Flipper23 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm

How are you today bby?
Flipper23

Return to General Pregnancy Chat