Easy DNA test gender

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Easy DNA test gender

Postby sceb85 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Did anyone do the Easy DNA blood test to know the gender early on?

They test your blood for male chromosome and if they find them, its a boy, if not its a girl.
I got a girl result - however at a scan around 14 weeks they said it looked like a boy.

Im confused now :lol: :lol:
sceb85

Re: Easy DNA test gender

Postby Flipper23 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Sceb that's mad, do you think there just wasn't enough of the baby's DNA in your blood for them to pick up the result? We had the panorama test and could include the gender if we wanted but we opted not to, I think the suspense is all that will get me through! At what stage can they definitively say whether it's a boy or girl? 20 weeks?
Flipper23

Postby sceb85 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 am

I had a scan last week at 18 weeks (they were afraid i was leaking fluid) and apparently they are convinced its a boy indeed.

The gender scan is advertised as being reliable from 9 weeks, we did it at 13 weeks just for fun, either way we are happy with boy or girl just wanted to know really, we have a girl already, daddy convinced it was another girl and me convinced its a boy :D
I guess i'll see what they tell me at my anomaly scan booked in for 21 week.
sceb85

Postby sceb85 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 am

panorama is blood vial test right? This test is only a finger prick so i guess thats why it might not be reliable enough.
sceb85

Postby Flipper23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:13 am

I've never heard of that test, and a finger prick of blood wouldn't seem to be enough to me anyway. They took 3 or 4 large vials of blood from me and they did say that sometimes there isn't enough of the bay's DNA in the blood even with that.

If the sonographer thinks it's a boy, I'd say they are probably right! Congrats!
Flipper23

Return to General Pregnancy Chat