40 weeks +2

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

40 weeks +2

Postby EmmaOS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:25 am

Hey all,

I'm a FTM, and I'm currently 40+2 weeks. Just looking for some advice. In the last 48hrs I've been getting increased pressure lower abdominal (very aware of it when walking) and as of last night what I can only describe as menstral cramps. They were strong durn the night but seem to have eased off again this AM. Can I expect to go into labour anytime soon? Hospital will let me go over by 10 days, I can't imagine waiting till the 28th of July for my little one!

Thanks in advance ☺️
EmmaOS

Re: 40 weeks +2

Postby Flipper23 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:49 pm

Emma I have no advice as I’m a FTM too and only 26 weeks but just wanted to say good luck! Sounds like
Something is going on anyway which is great!
Flipper23

Re: 40 weeks +2

Postby ceoltoirin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Emma - it sounds like Braxton hicks at the minute and possibly the baby moving. Any time you get these pains take a glass of water. If they settle then they are just prep pains if they don't then start timing.

You could also have some SPD which is pain in the pubic area or PGP - pelvic girlde pain. Both are normal at this stage but you don't have to put up with them. I'm one of the few who had it from early on with my first and was promised they would induce me at 40 weeks which I never actually made in the end.

If your hips are getting sore ask to labour sitting and don't let them pull your legs up. It's a strange position but actually gravity works in the bodies favour and less likely of an episiotomy.

Hope this helps xx
ceoltoirin

Return to General Pregnancy Chat