flying at 29/30 weeks

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

flying at 29/30 weeks

Postby justCANTwait » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 pm

so i really wanna get away for a break before baby boy comes.it would be mid term break so feb ill be 29 and a bit.wana go to lanzarote as its warm enough then.i have an uncomplicated pregnancy no probs at all normal bp and all that.
is i ok to fly at that stage with only 10 weeks to go?
justCANTwait

Re: flying at 29/30 weeks

Postby Lexie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Asides from terrible ms my pregnancy was ok . I flew at 24 weeks to heathrow and ended up in hospital in the uk for 2 days with a suspect DVT. The NHS was terrific . I had to deal withy moments then from my other about how irresponsible I was. It was a 50 minute flight. The fright and the scare I got was so to worth it and the journey home felt so long plus it cost me €600 to get home!
Lexie

Re: flying at 29/30 weeks

Postby MrsT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:28 am

Most airlines won't let you fly after a certain number of weeks gone, so you'd want to check that out. If it was me I wouldn't, but that's just me. I'd be too anxious of, God forbid, anything happening and I had to be hospitalised. And believe you me, being stuck in hospital abroad, without fluency in the language, is a proper nightmare and extremely distressing and upsetting, especially when pregnancy related. Take it from one who's been there.
MrsT

Return to General Pregnancy Chat