Due date calculator - help!!

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Due date calculator - help!!

Postby LittleDream18 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi ladies - I’m wondering if you could give a first timer some advice. I have very irregular cycles ranging from 31 to 47 days. lmP was 24th August. Got the bfp on 7th oct. Ff app puts ovulation at 26th September which would make me roughly 4 weeks but lmp calculations make me 6 weeks. I’ve no idea how people calculate to the day! Anybody got any advice?
LittleDream18

Re: Due date calculator - help!!

Postby ttcno1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi, i think you need a scan to confirm, its called the dating scan at 12 weeks.
ttcno1

Postby LorraineG » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 am

Little dream are you confident of your ov date? Go to duedatecalculator.com and use the conception date option. Conception will have been within a day or two of ovulation so should give you a fairly accurate idea. Make sure you let them know your ovulation date aswell whenever they ask for your lmp at appointments. A dating scan will confirm but at least you'll have a more accurate idea of due date instead of believing the wrong one and having it pushed back 2 weeks...it's long enough!!
If you're not sure of ov date you'll have to wait for a scan! Best of luck x
LorraineG

Postby JoJoM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:02 am

Hi LittleDream,
My cycles range from 35 days to 50 days. When you go to the docs, they will go by your lmp but just keep in mind that you are probably about 2 weeks after that so if they say you are 8 weeks, you know you are actually about 6 due to ovulation date. You can have a private early scan which you pay for, but don't go too early or you won't be able to see anything. I waited until I was 9 weeks (by my calculations, not the doctors) and it was brilliant. Currently 23 weeks - wishing you the best of luck. Xx
JoJoM

Postby LittleDream18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am

Thanks ladies. Am a nervous wreck. We have wanted this so much and been so disappointed over the past 18 months it’s a little bit surreal. I am feeling mostly normal with the odd twinge in the abdomen and occasionally I think I am queasy or sleepy but I’m probably imagining it. I’ve no idea when symptoms should start. Anybody got any clues? I think maybe I would feel more pregnant if I had a few of the obvious signs!
LittleDream18

Postby JoJoM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:57 am

Everyone is different. I didn't know I was pregnant until I went to hospital with suspected food poisoning. Turns out it was hyperemis. That was when I was about 4 weeks and I had severe nausea and vomiting for a week. It calmed down after that and I was just really tired all of the time and queasy the odd time. But on my first, I felt sick for the first 12 weeks but wasn't actually vomiting. Sore boobs started really early on both too and the twinges in the abdomen sound normal.

I am delighted for you that you have your bfp and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months
JoJoM

Postby LittleDream18 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:57 pm

I guess I will think about going for an early scan that will tell me with more certainty. I’m just afraid. I’m also a little bit heavier weight wise. I would be a size 14-16. And I’m nice and fat around the middle. So I’m worrying now about that and how to manage it. Silly i know andnits not for any vanity Indont care what I look like but is it hurts the baby I’ll be devastated.
LittleDream18

Postby JoJoM » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 pm

I was about a 16 with my first and am about an 18-20 now. My weight hasn't even been mentioned to me yet, which is a miracle as I thought it made me high risk. I am 36 also, but again, nothing has been mentioned about my age. You should be absolutely fine :-)

I went for an early scan on my first which was about 6 weeks and they couldn't see anything except the gestational sac. I had to go away and wait for 2 torturous weeks until I went back for a rescan where they saw the baby, heart beat and all. I would maybe wait until you are at least 7 weeks by your calculations but it is so hard to wait when you just want to check everything is ok. If you go too early though, it really is a torturous wait for your rescan.
JoJoM

Return to General Pregnancy Chat