Am I too old for a second baby?

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Am I too old for a second baby?

Postby Cappuccinorose » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi girls, I just had my baby last June and loving being a mother. I was 35 when I got pregnant and 36 and 3 months having her. I only thought I would have one child hence why I left it sooooo long.... SILLY ME
I would love another baby it's also for her so she will have a sibling too. But I am in no rush, I want to wait at least 2 years which will make me 38, is it too old, is it unfair on the baby? Is it dangerous. I stupidly asked dr Google and dr YouTube...
I would love to have some feed back.
Just adore being a mother ... wish i had of done it sooner although I really wasn't ready...
Cappuccinorose

Re: Am I too old for a second baby?

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Certainly not too old! I'm hoping to have one now when I turn 36 and I wasn't planning on it being my last! There can be increased risks and it's good to be informed but it wouldn't put me off personally. you'll certainly have plenty of company with Mams in their late 30s and early 40s
Cherrycola

Postby Cappuccinorose » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Thank you soooooo much!!!!
Ye I think tiles are definitely changing and people are having babies later. I would just like one more. I love sooooo much being a mammy can't believe how great it is. No point wishing I did it earlier, it wouldn't be same baby or I wasn't same person.
Good luck with your baby trying .... will it be your first?
Cappuccinorose

Postby Cherrycola » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:20 am

I have two already and hopefully could be having a third at 36 but I wasn't even contemplating stopping in the next few years! My husbands grandmothers and mine didn't marry until their 30s and his grandmothers had children well into their 40s. One was 46! The majority of my sisters friends were having their second child at around 38 and age was never on the cards as to whether they should go for it or not. xx
Cherrycola

Postby Cappuccinorose » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 am

You're my new best friend Thanks!!!!! I feel sooooo much better
Cappuccinorose

Postby mrsmc2017 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:34 am

Cappucinorose I am similar to you I think in that I am 35 and 8 weeks along with our first. I will turn 36 shortly after he/she please God is born in June. While I don't plan on having a sweep of children I definitely won't just have the one and like you I'd prefer to leave a year or maybe 18 months before trying again which would put me at 38. I definitely dont think its too old. I feel that if you are the healthiest version of yourself going into it then you are fine. Women are having them at a later age than our parents did and with proper care it's no problem. Babies don't care what age you are as long as you love them. Enjoy this time with your precious little one - and you will enjoy the next one too! Best of luck x
mrsmc2017

Return to General Pregnancy Chat