When to go to doctor???

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

When to go to doctor???

Postby EmaLou8 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi everyone :D
I'm new here. Just found out yesterday that we are expecting our first baby! :D :D :D
I did 2 tests with ClearBlue yesterday morning and then did a digital test this morning. All were :positive

My digital test said 1-2 weeks pregnant and I think i may have conceived around the 8th/9th Jan.
I had the tiniest (I mean so light I would have missed it if the light in the bathroom wasn't so bright!) bit of implantation spotting on Fri 18th Jan.

My last period started on 28th Dec '18
My next period is due tomorrow 22nd Jan.
I average a 25 day cycle.

My question is when should I go to the Dr to confirm? Is it too early this week?
I don't know if my Dr will do a test or just take my word :?

(this is the first pregnancy in either family and out of any of our friends so I have no one to compare notes with) :?

Thanks in advance for any replies :D
EmaLou8

Re: When to go to doctor???

Postby minamc2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi Emalou, massive congrats on your BFP. I would leave the GP until maybe towards the end of the week because sometimes their tests are less sensitive than the tests you take at home so might be best to wait until your period is late. Some GP's will do a test, others just take your word for it. Congrats again and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
minamc2

Re: When to go to doctor???

Postby EmaLou8 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi minamc2 :)
Thanks so much for the reply and the advice!
I have made an app with my Dr for Monday morning!
I am so excited :D
EmaLou8

Return to General Pregnancy Chat