8 Week Scan Baby Measuring Small and Slow Heartbeat

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

8 Week Scan Baby Measuring Small and Slow Heartbeat

Postby Bouncybaby2019 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi Everyone. New to this forum. I had an early scan this week due to cramping. I’m certain of my dates. I should be 8 weeks today but scan showed baby measuring 6 weeks and 5 days. The doctor also informed me that the heart rate was slow for the gestational age. Doctor did advise that pregnancy could end in miscarriage. Has anyone any similar stories they could share. I’m preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.Have a follow up scan next week. Thank you all in advance.
Bouncybaby2019

Re: 8 Week Scan Baby Measuring Small and Slow Heartbeat

Postby minamc2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi Bouncybaby, I hope you are doing okay. I had a similar situation last year and I'm sorry to say it didn't end well for me. I had a scan at 8.5 wks as I had some brown spotting and cramping but there was no heartbeat in my case. I ended up miscarrying during the next week. I'm sorry I hadn't a happier story to share but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. As I said there was no heartbeat in my case so it was different to your story and it has to be positive that your little bean has a heartbeat. I had another MC later on in the year but there was light at the end of the tunnel as I am now 24 weeks with my rainbow baby. Anyway I hope you are doing okay and that you get good news at your next scan xx
minamc2

Re: 8 Week Scan Baby Measuring Small and Slow Heartbeat

Postby Bouncybaby2019 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi minamc2. Thank you so much for replying to my post. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. :-( That must of been such a difficult time for you. Really appreciate you sharing your story with me. So happy to hear you Rainbow Baby is on the way. I have got called now for a follow up scan on Friday so I will know more then. I have hope that everything will be ok but I am trying to be realistic too and I’m finding it hard to ignore the fact that the baby is measuring small and the heartbeat is low. Praying that everything will be ok. Thank you again so much. Wishing you all the very best xx
Bouncybaby2019

Return to General Pregnancy Chat