Sick cert from Coombe?

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Sick cert from Coombe?

Postby McF2009 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi,

I’m wondering can anyone tell me or advise - I am 35weeks+2 and seriously struggling in work.
Office job but stressful environment and difficult boss.
I’m not due to finish work for another 3 weeks but don’t think i can cope that long, feeling so stressed and anxious.
My next scheduled appointment is with the Coombe next Friday. I don’t want to go to the GP before then as it would be a new appointment and my boss will only ask what’s wrong and twig I’m looking to leave early. Has anyone ever been signed off early through the Coombe as opposed to GP??
I know my GP will do it but as I say I don’t want to alert anyone with a sudden new appointment to GP as boss already knows my next app date and time.
So I am planning to tell Consultant in Coombe I don’t think I can go on to the 38 weeks mentally.
Anyone any thoughts or experience of this?
Thanks in advance
McF2009

Re: Sick cert from Coombe?

Postby morphett » Thu May 16, 2019 9:57 pm

Yes they absolutely will sign you off early in the coombe in exact same way your gp would. Definitely request it and get them to sign you off.
morphett

Postby mrsmc2017 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:39 pm

Absolutely get signed off if you are struggling don't hesitate and no doctor will question it only write you out immediately. P.S. your boss can't question you under any circumstances whether he wants to or not when you are pregnant. Best of luck I hope you get plenty rest from here on!
mrsmc2017

Postby McF2009 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 am

Thanks both for response! I will speak to consultant on Friday next so!
McF2009

Return to General Pregnancy Chat