ECV advice

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

ECV advice

Postby WereDoingThis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 am

Hi ladies, my breech baby has refused to turn, so I'm going to be having an ECV to try manually. My hubby can't make it though, so I'm just wondering if anyone with experience if the procedure can advise me - should I ask my mum to go along, or is it ok to go in alone? Any advice welcome!
WereDoingThis

Re: ECV advice

Postby Mrs11 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am

Hi. were doin this. How far along are you (I know I'm on d June/July babies with u so I should no!). My last was breech rite up to week 39.turned herself...an ecv was never mentioned to me.i had read up on it though and heard it was uncomfortable so it would be no harm having some one with u.be sure to let us know how it goes
Mrs11

Postby WereDoingThis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Thanks Mrs11. I'm 37 weeks, so not long to go! Had you planned a section for the baby at 39 weeks and still breech? If the ECV doesn't work they said I'll be going a planned section at 39 weeks.
WereDoingThis

Postby Mrs11 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Yeah I was due in for a section the Thursday...found out d Monday she had turned!when is the ecv
Mrs11

Postby morphett » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:25 pm

I would bring someone, they can be quite uncomfortable and come with risks so if a placental abruption were to happen you would be brought for a section straight away. It a small risk, about 1 in 200 but it's a risk none the less. I would definitely have someone with you in case you were uncomfortable afterwards. Spinning babies is a blood website and moxibustion with an acupuncturist may help also.. best of luck!
morphett

Postby WereDoingThis » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:18 pm

Thanks Morphett! I decided not to bring my mum though, told her yesterday... If baby has to arrive tomorrow I think I'd rather be alone than have someone other than hubby there. He's just about an hour away so will drop everything and dash to hospital if needed. I'm nervous about the procedure now, will be glad when tomorrow is over
WereDoingThis

Return to General Pregnancy Chat