Bump or no bump?

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Bump or no bump?

Postby maybebaby » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Girls I have a family wedding coming up by which time Ill hopefully be 15 weeks. Went looking at dresses in dublin today and I don't know whether to buy one now or wait? Will I be showing much at that stage? Trying to be organised!
maybebaby

Re: Bump or no bump?

Postby Bumpmakes3 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Hard to know. Best wait til nearer the time. I was still wearing normal size at that stage but then i had very small bump until the end. Have a look and see whats in the shops and what you like and then head in nearer the date.
Bumpmakes3

Postby HoneyBee » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I would say maybe buy a style that flairs around the waist and maybe buy a size bigger. I sometimes looked like I had a bump at 16 weeks, other days I just looked bloated :-(
HoneyBee

Postby CJD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 pm

I have d same issue, I've a friends wedding nd I'm only gonna be 12wks nd I'm hoping to wear a dress I have in d wardrobe already, gonna try it on every few wks nd see how it's goin, I'll rush out nd buy if I av to last min. I agree with honeybee, maybe a flare type would have u covered either way.
CJD

Postby MrsEL10 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and I don't have a big bump yet. The only maternity clothes I need so far are trousers. At 15 weeks I had only a little bump but one thing I did have was bigger boobs. I think it will depend on the style of the dress. One that is fitted at the top and then flares out should be fine
TTC # 1 Dec 10 - Dec 12, currently pregnant on # 2 :)
MrsEL10

Return to General Pregnancy Chat