husband going to UK 36 wks pregnant

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

husband going to UK 36 wks pregnant

Postby PhDmammy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Hey all,

FTM here. Due the end of June. Hubby's job want him to go away for 4 days to the UK the end of may, I will be 36 weeks (36+4 when he gets back). I am really nervous about this, First of all, I will have to move back in with my parents as we live 40 min outside town and I don't drive, usually rely on the train to commute which isn't much good if I went in to labour in the middle of the night :o
Also, my mum had all of us early, by older bro 1 wk early, my younger bro 4 weeks early and myself 8 weeks early, so I am so paranoid I could be the same!
We live in Galway so not exactly near the airport and where he is going in the uk is also not near the airport and not many flights. he would be 2 hrs from gatwick which would have more regular flights if he needs to get home quick but you're still talk 6-8 hr travel minimum provided no delays to get to Galway. I don't want to sound like a nag and tell him he can't go. What do you girls think?
TTC since Apr 2012.Early MC Oct 2012.Early MC Jan 2014.BFP Oct 2014.DD born June 2015. TTC #2 since March 2016. Early MC May 2017. Praying for our sticky bean!
PhDmammy

Re: husband going to UK 36 wks pregnant

Postby lorraine78 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 pm

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me, once you have someone with you. My hubby had one or two things on in the last couple of weeks and my mam stayed with me. The chances of you going into labour the 4 days he's away are slim enough and you'll still have over 3 weeks left when he gets home. Its common to go over your time too,my mam had me a week early and i ended up going ten days over. Don't stress yourself, your parents will be there for you if you need them :)
lorraine78

Postby GalwaysGirl » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi I'm in Galway too!

I know your nervous, all you do when pregnant is think of d day! Unless you've had some health issues or a reason they may induce you early? it'd b super unlikely you'll go early. IF you did, it really is a slow process! You can let him know your I'm early labour he'll be home no bother!
GalwaysGirl

Postby Babog » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:34 pm

Two of my friends husbands are working in construction in London. When the girls were expecting both husbands got home in time for the births. One thought she was going into labour on a Friday night and her hubbie managed to get from stansted to Dublin and onto Sligo in the space of 6hrs. It was a false alarm but he still would have been in time! The other friend her husband made it home with three hrs to spare to the birth n took over from her mum as birthing partner. Spent £300 on a taxi to the nearest airport. As the boys said at the time when you get the word, you just have to go. By hook r by crook they find a way home!
Babog

Postby Jellywelly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 am

Hubby is going to Asia in a few weeks so I'll be 36 weeks when he gets back. He is quite nervous about it as its not a short flight what with layovers etc and he would be devastated to miss the birth. But I must admit it doesn't bother me at all. I am an hour from the hospital and an hour each way commute to work but the chances of me going early as a FTM are probably quite slim.
Also all my immediate family seem to be away at the same time. I was joking that I could be going into hospital and having baby all on my own!!!!
PHDMammy try not to let it stress you and enjoy the pampering from your parents for the week :)
Jellywelly

Postby PhDmammy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:48 pm

I know I am most likely stressing over nothing, I have had no issues so far so it it probably very unlikely I will go early. I was chatting to my mam today and she mentioned herself and dad could come out to my house instead that way I will be more comfortable than if I had to haul myself in to town for the 4 days. I am more relaxed already knowing I will be in my own bed in the comforts of my own house! It really is the simple things.

Now all I have to worry about is if I do go early, the other half will answer his phone, he is notorious for ignoring my phone calls when he is 'busy'...I swear he has done it to me so many times! I better tell him I will only be ringing in the event of possible labour so he knows it is an important call and not to hang up on me!
TTC since Apr 2012.Early MC Oct 2012.Early MC Jan 2014.BFP Oct 2014.DD born June 2015. TTC #2 since March 2016. Early MC May 2017. Praying for our sticky bean!
PhDmammy

Postby sugarpuff » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Phd mammy ur doctors wil b able to advise u on if they think the baby wil b early or not.i wudnt worry bout it the chances of u going early are very slim
sugarpuff

Postby DSDA » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 am

My mom and sis were either early or bang on date, both of mine I was over! As for travelling, I was due middle of Oct, hubby travelling away from cork since first week of sept. Right up until the day before she was born. If im honest I think I stopped myself from going into labour untill I knew his travels were over. And I was a week late with her. Now baby will come when baby is ready but as long as you have support and by the sounds of it you do, you'll do great xx
DJP is Image

ALP is Image
DSDA

Postby PhDmammy » Tue May 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi All,

So things have slightly changed since I lasted posted here. Hubby is heading off early thurs morn and back Tuesday morning... but I am really not comfortable with him going.

My mother is extremely sick, on steroids and antibiotics for the last two weeks with a very bad cold and chest infection. Like most women her age it seems...she still thinks you get a cold from the cold weather and hacked all over me at a communion two weeks ago claiming she wasn't sick. As a result...I got sick. Not as badly but I do have a sinus infection, Because of that I ended up in a&e on sunday with an 8 hr non-stop nosebleed (it was like something from a horror movie!) ..they cauterized my nose and packed it with gel foam but because I am pregnant they are not keen to give me any antibiotics so I am really bunged up. Hubby is still planning on heading away and leaving me in the care of my sick mother.....which I am really uncomfortable about as I just want to get over this infection and not get any worse. I'm also keen to get back to work as I am cracking up at home and I am sure my boss thinks I am pulling the piss. If hubby goes way then I am stuck out home with my sick mother and no car until Tuesday Morn (missing an important meeting with my boss on monday as well)..I could love in to my mams house..but that would be so much worse..stuck in my childhood single bed and still in the company of a woman with bronchitis is not ideal!

RANT over! :lol:

I am just so fed up with it all!
PhDmammy

Return to General Pregnancy Chat