Positive Stories after 6 months ttc...

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Positive Stories after 6 months ttc...

Postby Marge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Girls,

I hope you don't mind me posting in this section. I have being ttc for 6 months now, af just arrived this morning so heading into 7th cycle. I know its not that long but I suppose it's much longer than I naively thought when starting this journey. There's times I get so down about it and feel like it'll never happen, but it always gives me hope when I read stories about women who were trying for a long time and eventually got their much longer for bfp. So I was just hoping some of you wouldn't mind sharing your stories.
I'd just like to stress I am aware 6 months is much shorter than some people have been trying, and I really admire everyone who's gone through this and longer and somehow managed to stay sane!
Marge

Re: Positive Stories after 6 months ttc...

Postby KellyRose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi Marge, just wondering what your history is? Were you on birth control prior etc? Have you a regular period etc?
Image[/url]
KellyRose

Postby Marge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi Kellyrose, I was on the pill for years but actually came off it about 3 years ago, so I can't imagine that's still having an effect. My period generally is about 28-30 days, in the last year I just had 3 longer cycles but never longer than 39 days. Over the last couple of months I've noticed af arrives 16 days after ewcm, just used opks once to confirm the ewcm occurs at ovulation, but have never temped. Trying to stay positive but not always easy!!
Marge

Postby kittencakes » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi marge. I was on pill for 12/13years. Came off last may and every month I thoght oh this is it!! And each month passed I felt like id never get pregnant. It really drags and starts you to worry about everything. Thinking oh what if I cant get pregnant etc etc. I thought about it every single day. Then finally at end of dec I got pregnant. Found out start of january and five weeks ago I had a. Beautfiul baby boy.. So even though it was only 7months it felt like an eternity!! So fingers crossed it will happen for you v.soon.
kittencakes

Postby Marge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks so much for the reply kittencakes and a huge congratulations on your baby boy!! You must be thrilled but also exhausted at the moment! It's so great to hear of success stories from people who had to wait a while. Best of luck with the journey ahead!!
Marge

Postby KellyRose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Marge if I were you I would invest in a clearblu digital ovulation. This is the one I used

http://www.fertilitystore.ie/clearblue- ... -10-tests/

You just dispose of the sticks but it memorises your hormone level for the next time so it's specific for you. It's not like the daily disposable ones. Turns out I didn't ovulate when I thought I did & would have been doing the deed the wrong time!

Best of luck X hope this is your month
Image[/url]
KellyRose

Postby Nervousnelly » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:53 pm

How old are you Marge?
Nervousnelly

Postby Marge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks Kellyrose I'll def look into that.

Nervousnelly I'm only 29 so hopefully plenty of time...
Marge

Postby Nervousnelly » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Doctors will often fob you off & you may be told you are very young which you are but if your mind is unsettled then don't let them wear you down with that. First step is to go to your gp and look for bloods to be done- day 3 & 21. Seeing bfn & af arriving month after month is heartbreaking. :babydust xx
Nervousnelly

Postby KellyRose » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:46 pm

& Marge if you do go the GP tell him you've being trying for over a year otherwise he won't entertain you X
Image[/url]
KellyRose

Postby Marge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks so much for the advice girls x
Marge

Postby lorraine78 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi Marge. It took me 18 cycles to eventually get our wee miracle.
I had a gut feeling after about 8 cycles we were gonna need help. My gp referred me to the Hari clinic.
My cycles were short 21 days and I was ovulating very late in my cycle,so never would've gotten pregnant.
I was put on fertility meds,and got my bfp within 3 months.
My consultant told me not to waste my money on opks,and they were giving me a wrong ovulation time in my cycle,so I constantly missed my peak from relying on them.
He told us to dtd every 2nd day from beginning of af until the start of next af,very hard work,but done the trick.
If you feel there's a problem ask your gp for a referral to a fertility clinic :)
lorraine78

Postby baby2015 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:26 am

Keep the head up Marge. I got pregnant after 5 months but I know how you feel it feels like an eternity ans the obsession is unreal. I bought the advanced clearblue monitor and thought it was top class. My best friend also bought in on my advice and ut detected she was not ovulating despite having a light period every month.agree with girls no harm to go to gp at this stage
baby2015

Return to General Pregnancy Chat