Anyone who went into labour naturally?

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Anyone who went into labour naturally?

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Looking to see what worked for you/what you noticed in the days leading up to labour?
Even though this is #2 for me I was induced last time after my waters broke but labour didn't start itself, so I didn't start myself so not sure (apart from the obvious!) what to look for.
Am 38wks tomorrow & as im hoping for vbac I really want to go on my own, as if I don't they will section at 42 weeks, because they can't induce you if you had a csec last time - I'd also love to not go over either!
At the moment this is my symptoms:
Tons of lower back pain/odd period cramp but these come and go
Increased discharge - don't think it's the plug, as it's completely clear
Need to wee every 20/30 mins, feels like I'm bursting but only a drop comes out
Shooting electric shock type pains up through me/pressure in my bum when baby squirms
Nesting all week - even cleaned my skirting boards & banisters the other day!!

Anything sound promising or am I grasping at straws?!
Aside from dtd what else can I try?
Am getting a ball to bounce on today & making curry for dinner.
As a prev csec apparently I can't have the rasp leaf tea :(
Any tips?!
HoneyBee

Re: Anyone who went into labour naturally?

Postby Shoelover » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Honey I had increased discharge and niggly pains the day or two before I went into labour. All these things are a good sign I think :)
Shoelover

Postby miniegg91 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:49 pm

They all sound promising Honey!! I had cramps down really low for about 2 weeks & was with GP on due date she said they weren't contractions & I'd prob go way over. Waters broke that night.
I sat on the ball for weeks as was only thing that helped SPD. Sit with legs as far apart as you can & keep circling hips & bounce every so often. Do as much walking as you can. I went to retail parks with OH & walked as much as I could manage for past few weeks, even though I had to use crutches some days.
He arrived day after due date & really think it was all the walking & ball!
Good luck!! Xx
miniegg91

Postby sunshine1980 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Had back pain and cramps honeybee for one whole day and waters went that night - a week early. So with all the symptoms you have seems promising. I walked loads that day which I really think helped (it was my first so didn't even think I was in labour!)
sunshine1980

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:04 pm

That's good to hear girls, I'm so tired at this stage!
Dd definitely keeps me moving so I've been very active this time around - I've barely gained 13lbs between running after her & the gestational diabetes - last time I put on over 3.5 stone!
Must get the ball going tonight & see if that helps :)
HoneyBee

Postby tippergirl » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:13 pm

I went into labour a week early naturally. I stayed active (walks) I used the gym ball a lot too.

I had a lot of pressure low down, cramps, increased discharge but like sticky mucous, lots of sharp shooting pains down below like lightening they used to make me stop in my track's. The day I went into labour I had a few gushes of liquid before my water's went fully.

Your symptoms sound promising honeybee :-)
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby Marie85 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine Honeybee! I started losing my plug a few days before, nearly a week. The few days leading upto labour I had back pain, sharp lightening type pain, I was really restless, peeling a lot, and had period type pains. I used the ball a lot, walked a lot, ate pineapple! Don't know if it made any difference but I went a little early :-) all sounds very promising for you x
Marie85

Postby newmumi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:02 pm

It all sounds good honeybee. I didnt labour either on ds1 so was like a ftm with ds2! Hadnt a clue what to expect. My advice is to stop symptom spotting. Im sure u were hoping for more. Sorry!!! When labour starts u will b left in no doubt. I wasnt convinced id know but if it feels like ur getting regular pains, take a shower and c if they stop. Lie down and c if u can sleep. If the pains continue then its labour. All aches and pains now r ur bodys way of preparing for whats ahead. Have u checked out the VBAC in Ireland facebook pg? They r great there for all support/advice relating to vbac.
newmumi

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks new mumi - I did actually labour on dd, I just needed a heavy induction to get there, so I only have the artificial contractions from the drip as my point of reference.
I'm trying not to focus on it, but st the same time I really don't want to go over - 42 wks by hosp dates is 20/21st Dec & I can't bear the thoughts of being sectioned that close to Christmas with dd & santy etc.
Hopefully something starts soon :)
Thanks for all the replies girls x
HoneyBee

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:07 pm

How did you find the vbac second time around new mumi?
HoneyBee

Postby morphett » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:08 pm

My first labour sounds exactly like yours, waters went and then induced 24hours later as labour never kicked off after losing membranes.. However my waters going was very much a leak and wasn't overly apparent and it happened on my due date so I was checking the whole time. Have you asked for a sweep? I was going to get one at 39 weeks on ds2 but again my waters broke at 38+1 on ds 2.. Again labour didn't progress from that point so I got bouncing like mad on the ball and googles reflexology points to help bring on contractions. Was trying my best to avoid the drip and thankfully didn't need it in the end as got contractions going myself by walking and bouncing on the ball. On ds3, I just got pains.. wasn't even sure they were contractions as I wasn't used to starting myself without my waters going but they were persistent so that's what they were.
morphett

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:22 pm

See I didn't know if I could have a sweep & when I said to consultant what happens if we get to 40 wks & nothing stirring her response was 'we keep going, we can't induce you' she never mentioned a sweep. I might ask on Monday if it's an option
HoneyBee

Postby newmumi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Unfortunately i ended up with another emergency section Honeybee but looking back i really wasnt properly prepared. I should have had some birth preferences written up but thought id wing it! Unfortunately i got an inexperienced midwife and things went downhill from there. I did labour perfectly and was 6cm on arrival to hosp. No scar pain at all. Im hoping to try for vba2c this time tho :-)
newmumi

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear that but in fairness you shouldn't have to prep to prepare for midwives/docs making bad calls, shame it didn't work out for you as planned
What hosp are you with? I didn't even know they let you try vbac after 2 sections? That's good to know
HoneyBee

Postby HoneyBee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:14 pm

So I'm still here but saw consultant yesterday & she said baby is very low & looking likely to go sooner rather than later :)
So of course with any kind of encouragement I'm symptom spotting lol
I'm having a lot of period pains - heavy low constant dragging in my back & the odd pain comes round the front but not often/regular.
No sign of a show but lots of creamy discharge & ive been to the loo (bowels) 4 times today - when I'm on the loo the only way the pressure eases is if I rock back/forth as well.
Hopefully I haven't too much longer to wait now!!
HoneyBee

Postby Shoelover » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:22 pm

Oh sounds very promising honeybee. The very best of luck xxx
Shoelover

Postby HoneyBee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks shoe. I don't want to jinx it by texting dh but I've had 3 strong pains now over the past 30 mins - very irregular but definitely contraction style pains - starting slow, building, coming to front & easing.
Now they could stop as quick as they started, I know, so I don't want to over react but it's the most pains I've felt so far, so I guess it's all one step closer to baby either way!
HoneyBee

Postby tippergirl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Very exciting honeybee, best of luck hopefully this is it :-)
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby HoneyBee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:34 pm

I hope so tipper, I'm just exhausted. I'm at that stage where I'm not sleeping and I'm waking up constantly feeling tired & irritable and if it goes on much longer I'm afraid I'll be exhausted by the time labour does start.
I have tons of pressure in my bum now too, I keep squirming/can't get comfy & the period pains are literally there 95% of the time . . .
HoneyBee

Postby Shoelover » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Well at least u know what to expect as you've gone into labour before so u know you're not imagining it :) So exciting :D
Shoelover

Next

Return to General Pregnancy Chat