An early scan to show heartbeat

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

An early scan to show heartbeat

Postby sceb85 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Just got my :positive :) i am 4 weeks and 2 days along and am visitng my GP on tuesday. I was wondering how early would a scan show heartbeat - 6 or 7 weeks?
Would i need a letter of reference even if i pay privately for this? Im very exciting as it is our first one ! :)
Anyone from the Galway area that would recomeend a place (galway clinic perhaps? or bon secours?) thanks!
sceb85

Re: An early scan to show heartbeat

Postby Mrsfarmer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Congrats :)We had a scan at 7 weeks and 3 days privately, it was definitely worth it. We could see the tiny flicker, it was just like a little dot on the screen but I couldn't wait until 12- 14 weeks. You won't need a letter to have it done privately. I'll ask my brother where they had their private scan done lately in Galway. We had ours in Blackrock in Dublin, we got the scan pictures and I still couldn't make it out!
Mrsfarmer

Postby Mart » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:03 pm

I had at 6+2 and it showed a heartbeat! Most amazing day! Congrats and h&h nine months! I had mine done in Galway Fertility Unit. It will prob need to be internal at such an early stage. Most private places don't do internal. If you wait a few weeks you'll be able to go to one of these places. One near Dunne's Terry land I think!
Mart

Postby MrsLisa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:22 pm

I have my early scan scheduled for next week at Sims clinic as I got pregnant via ivf. I'll be 7 weeks and 1 day.
MrsLisa

Return to General Pregnancy Chat