Dreaded stretch marks!!

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Dreaded stretch marks!!

Postby babybearmum » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi all, sorry have to moan about my awful stretch marks - they came on very quickly around a month ago on the front of my abdomen, and they're very big...I am smothering myself in Bio Oil every morning and night but don't think it's doing any good, except easing the itchiness of them. My yoga teacher suggested Johnson's baby oil in the shower too and fish oil tablets to be taken internally from a health food shop...still afraid that nothing will work, and they're gonna get worse as I get bigger, no matter what!! Any other recommendations at all? I know it's probably just hereditary, in which case very little can actually be done. :-(
babybearmum

Re: Dreaded stretch marks!!

Postby 2blue » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Well I tried every oil or cream you can imagine. Asked in pharmacies and health stores for recommendations and spent a fortune. Everything was a complete waste for me cause I have verrrrry sensitive skin and just came out in rashes or blotches all over my torso. Was soooooo itchy for weeks. I always use baby oil with aloe vera after a shower but even this was making me a little itchy. So instead I just stocked up on my regular body cream that I always use for my dry and sensitive skin. Its by La Roche Posay and so far not a single mark anywhere, touch wood it stays like that! I just slather it on once in the morn and again before bed. About two to three squeezes from the container. If the regular things are not working for you then maybe ask in a pharmacy about something similar to this but suited to your own skin type. Might work! HTH!
2blue

Postby soexcited » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:13 pm

I used bio oil from week 12 and still ended up with stretch marks. They magically appeared around week 32.. on the upside they arnt that bad!!! I dont think baby oil works.. I bought an oil called mama mio thats good but its expensive, I was also using stretch mark cream from boots.
I got a soap from Lush that is basically oil based and for stretch marks, it was absolutely brilliant... I also exfoliate my belly when im in the shower.
soexcited

Postby excitedmama » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:10 pm

I use bio oil from week 6 every day and have no strech marks I thought its thanks to bio oil but I guess its up to everyones body...
I'd say its good to keep using it specially after the babys birth!

excitedmama

Postby babybearmum » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Ok thanks guys - yeah it does seem that everyone is different, jealous of those that don't get them!! I will certainly try a few more things, I won't give up! But best case if I am careful, they will go down after the birth and be less obvious.
babybearmum

Postby Rathmineslady » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:21 pm

I have been using bio oil since i found out i was pregnant.Thankfully no stretch marks to date, but have noticed my boobs are itching like mad. So i lashed the bio oil on them last night and again this morning and the itch has eased. I do believe that everyone is different and someone said to me that stretch marks are hereditary. Thankfully none of my sisters or my mum had them, so am hoping i stay smooth as a babys bottom. Although my bump isn't that big for my dates, people can't believe i am nearly six months pregnant. Let's hope it stays that way.
Rathmineslady

Postby chellebaby2012 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:10 pm

ok im totally dreading the stretch marks which i know is gonna happen- ladies i had stretch marks before my pregnancy :secret2 although they are very light but there none the less and im not over weight or anything just always had them, ive been using moisturiser to bate the band and i haven noticed any new ones but im only 20weeks!!! bottom line - i feel your pain but its worth it xxxx :thumbsup
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
chellebaby2012

Postby 2blue » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Rathmineslady wrote:I have been using bio oil since i found out i was pregnant.Thankfully no stretch marks to date, but have noticed my boobs are itching like mad. So i lashed the bio oil on them last night and again this morning and the itch has eased. I do believe that everyone is different and someone said to me that stretch marks are hereditary. Thankfully none of my sisters or my mum had them, so am hoping i stay smooth as a babys bottom. Although my bump isn't that big for my dates, people can't believe i am nearly six months pregnant. Let's hope it stays that way.

Mine's not that big for my dates either! I'm 6.5 months pregnant at the minute and when I tell people they're kinda like "no way is that possible" :lol: I've heard that stretch marks are hereditary alright! My mother never got them but all her sisters were absolutely destroyed in them so you never can tell!!
2blue

Postby babybearmum » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Boooooooooo stretch marks!!!
I do find that Bio Oil is good for the itchiness - I also bought that Palmers Cocoa Butter cream for stretch marks too, to use as much as poss. Just incase anything does work, even a little!
But yes of course, this is all totally worth it. :-)
babybearmum

Postby soexcited » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:40 pm

I think the best we can all do is put on the oil and the creams, if they work they work if they dont well at least I've tried... but in fairness when I see the few I have I think about how bad they could be if I hadn't have tried prevent them, Id probably be like a zebra!!!!
soexcited

Postby ChelseyBobby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:56 am

A year past my second pregnancy, I think dermelastic serum did its job. No stretch marks and my skin seemed to flatten back nicely without ripples. Remember to use on your butt and hips and breasts though, I got lazy at the end and would forgo those areas and I have some smaller marks there.
ChelseyBobby

Postby mariaestrada15 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:08 am

I understand that sometimes it is hard to accept stretch marks, but they make us more beautiful and special!! my sister (who's mommy of two) recommended me dermalmd serum for stretch marks.
mariaestrada15

Return to General Pregnancy Chat