Name thoughts

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Name thoughts

Postby michde » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:20 pm

So now we've hit the 12 wk Mark I'm actually feeling excited, which I never thought I would of this time.....
So it got me thinking today omg I'm actually pregnant (think a panic moment haha) and what are nice names....so thought I'd set up this and see what names people are thinking of or what unusual names there are
We like Rachel, Rebecca, Chloe and Caitlin for girls
For lads we like Luke, Edward and Anthony
michde

Re: Name thoughts

Postby lainey05 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:15 pm

I love the name Lucy and Mia. I haven't any boys names picked coz I'm sure it's a girl i'm having! Although I do like the name Tom.
lainey05

Postby Mrsfarmer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:20 pm

We chose lucy for our girl, it was short and sweet. I liked ellie, mollie, I liked Mia too. I like Alfie for a boy
Mrsfarmer

Postby chichi » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Love Anthony!

Our boy faves are Noah, Charlie & Adam!
Our girl faves are Emilia, Lilah, Faye
Mama to 3 boys!
chichi

Postby michde » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Some great names, and names I'd never thought of.
michde

Postby Bannergirl » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:16 am

We chose Fiadh for our little girl, always gets lovely comments, delighted with it :)
Bannergirl

Postby Russarry » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:27 am

I like Jacob for a boy and Eva for a girl. It's trying to get the hubby to agree to names though! I had phoebe for a girl when I was pregnant on #1 but my hubby didn't like it. I love that name. It's so unusual and pretty. Some really lovely names given above! Thing is, I've got a load of cousins who have had children already so alot of the names I like are already taken.

Russarry

Postby Rainbow » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:40 am

Hi all. Iv Tristan for a boy and Julia for a girl !
Could change but our hearts set on these.
Rainbow

Postby ceoltoirin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:41 am

Iarfhlaith Briain will be our little boys name when he arrives in December. Muireann was our pick if we had been having a girl. Couldn't think of a middle name as we were so sure from day one it would be a boy which the scans proved right lol All 3 names have very strong family connections between surnames and grandparents names etc
ceoltoirin

Postby michde » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:32 pm

I like that, names that have some connection with family past I think are always nice. More so this time than last time. :lol:
michde

Postby Bettyboo1982 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:36 pm

I kinda think you have to match to your other child's name. Not matchy matchy with intials but say you already have an Irish name I would go with another Irish name. We had an Irish name picked but then ended up going with a more modern name at the last minute. So I think we will need to follow suit then with the next one.

It's so hard to decide I would have a selection and wait and see the babs. Ours defo looked like our second option more than the first.

Names I love are:
Julie
Alice
Cara
Amelia
Eleanor
Evie

Tom
Joey
Henry
Bettyboo1982

Postby Purplebiz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:09 am

We had a few names on the list too. It's nice to have options as I do think baby arrives and you think no they don't look like such a name. I know all in our heads. Once you have a shortlist agreed on by both you and oh it's easier to choose a name when the baby arrives.

Good thread as it is hard to pick names when all you get is the top 100 popular ones.
Purplebiz

Postby tippergirl » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:53 am

We find it so hard to pick and agree on names!!

We had picked 3 of each on the last pregnancy and did go with one of the girl's names in the 3 we had picked....

For boys I love
Ruadhan (Ruan)
Conor
Roan
Ollie
Odhran
Donagh

For girl's
Lauren
Emilia
Sadie
Síomha
Clara

I also love Naoise but I think it's a boys name but could be used for either?
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby Russarry » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:07 am

Lovely names being mentioned, some irish ones I've never even heard of.

Ceol the irish name you have picked for you little boy is lovely. Very unusual, I've never heard of that name before :)

Tipper, I thought Naoise was a girls name? Maybe you could have it as a girls name if you really like it.

I find it so hard to have more than 1 name. We will be finding out what we are having so it will narrow it down to 1 sex which will help. Even though I like Eva for a girl, I also like Matilda, Nancy & Sadie. Boys I find very hard to pick. Harry is out little boys name. It was the only name we had for him but this time around apart from Jacob, I really am struggling

Russarry

Postby sunshine1980 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:42 am

Naoise is a boys name and Laoise the girls but more people are using it as a girls name. Love all Irish names myself. Although we only had one boys name picked and a load of girls
sunshine1980

Return to General Pregnancy Chat