First AF after baby

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

Re: First AF after baby

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Yep - one of the girls asked me afterwards 'is it as bad as they say? Is it awful?' And I started to say its tough, but not unmanageable & that you find a way to cope etc when all of a sudden another friend cut in & said 'she had a section so she didn't do actual labour' - you know when you're so stunned you want to say a million things but nothing comes out?! It still bugs me. I went 13 hours, 5 awful internals - the last of which really hurt because they were trying to gauge where her head was stuck. Like yours,my lo was back to back with me which is how she got wedged. So to hear I 'didn't really do labour' equally hurts & pisses me off.
HoneyBee

Postby justCANTwait » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:43 pm

ah feck them how dare they make u feel like that even if they are your friends.do they have children?its like do they think having a section is easy or something!!!bloody hell thats made me so cross.grrrr.....
justCANTwait

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Oh no that's the best part, neither have kids!
HoneyBee

Postby justCANTwait » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 pm

well then they clearly know what they are talking about!!!!
justCANTwait

Postby mamaw » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:09 am

Oh my god honeybee that's awful. Ignore that crap seriously. People dont have a clue.

My lil munchkin is nearly 13 weeks and still no af. Is that normal???

mamaw

Postby justCANTwait » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:38 am

are u bf or ff mamaw?
justCANTwait

Postby mamaw » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Formula Feeding. Had thought I would have gotten it by now.

mamaw

Postby MrsS11 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:17 pm

I got mine 6 weeks after and it lasted 10 days and was awful!! The doc did tell me that it could take 6 months to get back to normal. It took awhile for the next af after the first one.
MrsS11

Postby 2blue » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Mamaw I was FF too on DS and didnt get AF til 12 weeks post partum. I'd say it'll come soon. Mine was worse than before. I always had heavy AF and bad pains but the 11 AFs I had between giving birth to DS1 and conceiving DS2 were just horrendous. I have heard mostly positive stories about how painless AF is after delivery so hoping that happens this time :lol:

And just on a side note holy Jesus girls, those people commenting on your lack of a vaginal birth need a good bloody slap! My mouth just about hit the floor reading some of their remarks!! Its so easy for people who have NO clue to judge others.
2blue

Postby HoneyBee » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm

It's unreal b2m4 - one of the girls in question has a fit if any of us pass comment on her relationship or her fella despite the fact that she's always bending my ear about what a dick head he is, but yet she's happy to put her 2 cents into the conversation when its someone else's personal matter.
One other person who had an op to remove a cyst (which involved a general anaesthetic & a small incision on her bikini line) even told me 'wouldn't mind having a section now if I ever have kids, that was nothing!' - she then went on to say she's had other surgery before & she found them a thousand times worse than a 'section' - no matter how many times I said 'well no, the scars might look similar but you didn't have a c section . . ' there's no convincing her. She is convinced she knows exactly what I felt like & it was a piece of cake. In actual fact she has gone on worse than anyone I know who had an actual section - lying in bed for 2 weeks, being pampered/hamming it up. Whereas anyone who does have a real section has the small job of getting on with caring for their newborn and everything that entails.
Ooooohhhh it makes me so mad!
HoneyBee

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Girls I'm still none the wiser about AF! It got heavier last thurs, spotted on Friday, nothing all weekend but now all day today I've that heavy dragging feeling down below & pains in my lower back. Also another massive spot breakout on my chin.
I just wish AF would appear now so I know where I stand :-(
HoneyBee

Postby 2blue » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Ah thats so frustrating hun! I can feel your pain, mine was all over the place after having DS1! Sorry I have no words of wisdom, just sending a cyber hug x
2blue

Postby HoneyBee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks hun, I just wish I knew what was going on. With bf as well its prob keeping things in a state of confusion because lo was decreasing her milk so I figured that's what kicked off AF/spotting last week but the past few days she's not only upped her milk intake, but she's rejected her night time bottles of expressed milk in favour of a long bf session before bed, so I don't know if the hormones/rapid milk production has put a stop on everything now.
The female body is amazing but also seriously confusing!!
HoneyBee

Postby mamaw » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:43 pm

TMI coming... so finally got af. 16weeks after munchkin arrived. But holy hell is it normal for it to be so heavy. Ive gone through a pack of always, ruined 3pairs of underwear and using pads and tampons now??? Kinda freaked out!

mamaw

Postby MrsS11 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Mine was horrendous and lasted 10 days!! It was so heavy I can't remember how many packets of pads I went through but it was loads!!
MrsS11

Postby mamaw » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:59 am

Oh tg. Thought I was going spare. I'll tell you one thing for sure, I certainly didn't miss having af.

mamaw

Postby bumblebe » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 am

As long as ur not soaking thro a pad in an hour it's ok, my first few afs after my babies were dreadful! On my first baby my af was so heavy for the first and second I was afraid to leave the house and on my second child my first af after her birth lasted more than FOUR weeks!!
I does return to normal tho!!
bumblebe

Previous

Return to New Mums