So mad

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

So mad

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:47 am

Sorry in advance for rant ladies. . .

Had a friend up for a visit tonight & things were going well but throughout the night she made several comments which annoyed me - basically, sly digs about me being home with dd, and sure 'you have loads if time to yourself' - and comments about how I must watch so much daytime tv etc etc

Not only am I heading back to work soon, but in all honesty, being a ftm for 13 months is the hardest thing I've ever done, and if I planned on doing that forever, what business is it of hers???!

Sorry girls, just pissed me off. I saved for my mat leave, funded it myself & to have someone belittle what I've done for the past year with my lo is very annoying.
HoneyBee

Re: So mad

Postby firsttimemum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:19 am

She clearly has no kids!!

I've only been a mum.for 5 weeks and my god have they flown by because I've been so busy between minding him ans keeping on top of house work. And at the moment all he does is eat sleep and poo when he starts getting older and need more entertaining etc will be harder.

It's like that dope katie whatever on the late late show saying being a full time mum isnt a job. I'd like to know who minds her kids is there job not a real one?

Dont mind your friend. Its hard work and its 24/7. Don't let her makr you feel bad for all you've done and for the time you've had with your child.
firsttimemum

Postby justCANTwait » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:45 am

Ahhhhh things that make me so mad too.i am back at work since December and my hubby stays at home with baby.so my interaction with baby is obviously majorly cut down.i have two weeks off work now and i almost wish i back.its hard work looking after a toddler, they are moving nonstop and very demanding.even my own mum says little sly things like 'oh i had three under three, you're making a fuss outta things'.i was on my own during the week as my oh's gran died and he was gone.i can't drive so i was housebound i felt i was going mad just after two days.
I am assuming that your friend has no kids??she'll see it one day and then you can be there to say told you so.
justCANTwait

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:31 am

Thanks girls, no she's no kids so totally doesn't get it at all. I just feel so pissed off, I don't ask for sympathy or favours or help with my lo, no reason for her to feel put upon etc, so it just annoyed me.
She's got nieces she babysits & she thinks that's given her an insight into parenthood, as if 5/6 hours is the same as 24/7 responsibility!
HoneyBee

Postby DSDA » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:41 am

My first though was shes definitely not a mom. If the tv is on in our house its children's tv. Second if you do get a spare moment when child is distracted for the 5 mins we are running around trying to get house done. I worked full time for two and a half yrs and being a mom and its not easy but also not easy being a stay at home mom. I have plenty of nieces and nephews and babysat them all, before and since having little man. Being an aunt is 100 times different to being a mom. Each a special role but when your the aunt your not really worried if the have a few sweets, or stay up a little later and its a notavilty to spend time with them as such, cant really do that all the time when your a mom.
DJP is Image

ALP is Image
DSDA

Postby justCANTwait » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:46 pm

So true.my mil constantly tries to feed my lil man chocolate and cheesecake or anything really that's sweet.of course he's going to eat it but then he's wild for ages.she just thinks it's hilarious.she even, get this, gave him COFFEE on our last visit.he's 11 months old!!!!ahhh blood boiling.going there today.watch this space.....
justCANTwait

Postby 2blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 pm

That girl makes me laugh! If she thinks thats what being a SAHM is all about shes in for a massive kick up the arse whenever she has kids lol. Then you can laugh in her face and say I told ya so ;)
2blue

Postby Purplebiz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 am

What come Around goes around honeybee! Her day will come a d by that stage you will be a well experienced mum and she will be only starting out and learn what it's all about. You have no need to apologies for the time and energy you put into looking after your LO. Certainly you and your LO will never regret the time you put into her at this early stage,

I am a FTM2be so not that I know exactly the hard work it will be but I am not naive as to think you sit and watch tv all day. She is in for a shock. its hard to concieve a baby let along look after one 24/7. You should have said that you and your OH are thinking about going away for a weekend and would she mind taking your LO ( obviously just to see her reaction) priceless.
Purplebiz

Postby Bertolda » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:03 pm

The only reason I was mad - I couldn't chose the name for my baby... thanks a lot to my friend, she recommended me this site
http://babynamesgab.com/
Bertolda

Return to New Mums