How fast do toddlers feet grow?

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

How fast do toddlers feet grow?

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:55 pm

I ask cause its a nightmare getting runners/pumps etc for my dd. She's walking well, we've had her feet measured & she's a size 3 - which is fine for shoes, next & Clark's both stock a size three in leather shoes/sandals but I can't find a pair of runners anywhere for her :(

Next had little pumps recently & I bought a 3 but the are lace less & I find they just fall off. Dunnes only start at a size 4 & I even went to lifestyle sports thinking I'd just but Adidas/Nike, not for the brand but just so I could get what I needed, but was told they start at 4 as well, it's only the baby pre walkers they do in very small sizes.

DD has lots of cute track bottoms & causal trousers etc and they look silly with shoes, and with no runners to put on her they're just sitting there getting no wear at all!

All ideas welcome!
HoneyBee

Re: How fast do toddlers feet grow?

Postby DSDA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:19 pm

My fella grows a size every 6 mths. Id normally get a half size bigger so I get some time out of them. Runners you might find in heatons? My sister's children it could be a yr before they grow!
DJP is Image

ALP is Image
DSDA

Postby lean87 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Sori can't help.
Our dd's feet were so tiny we could only get sandals (ricosta) for her (size 17) when she started walking.
She got good use out of them all summer/autumn and early winter.
We then had to put shoes on her that were too big for winter/spring as we couldn't find any her size and her feet just didn't grow.
She was back into the sandals in spring/summer/autumn...
You could say we got good use out of them!!
Bought when she was 1yr and wore them until 2 and 3/4 :-) :-)
lean87

Postby DSDA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Sounds like my sisters lot. Haha
DJP is Image

ALP is Image
DSDA

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Lean my lo sounds like that - when she started walking we couldn't get small enough shoes but we found that Penneys size 3's with a thick sock just about worked then she kinda filled out and I think her foot got a bit chubbier and the 3's in Clark's/next are a good fit but she's been wearing them since May and no sign if her growing at all.
Got her measured again yesterday & still a 3, not even a 3.5 . . Never thought of Heatons might see where there's one close to me, really need to get something, even a basic white pump with laces would do.
She got some gorgeous outfits for her bday & they are just sitting there with no shoes to go with them & I can't bring myself to put her in a track suit with patent leather tbar shoes!
HoneyBee

Postby DSDA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:19 pm

No id be the same to be honest. My little fella is going on three and same size my nephew who will be 5 three days before him haha. Hubby also said try sports direct.com
DJP is Image

ALP is Image
DSDA

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks hun, all tips appreciated! The girls in work have lo's around the same age & got done fab sparkly runners in the sale in Dunnes yest, but the size 4's were huge :( was raging!
HoneyBee

Postby Cinnabon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:29 pm

At that age I'd be inclined to keep her in clarks or startrite and wouldn't be too worried about 'fashion' sense. DD has small feet and I just keep her in clarks.
Cinnabon

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Oh I'm all for a good fit but I honestly can't put track bottoms in her with leather shoes - flashbacks to my own 80's childhood photos lol, can't do it!
Plus there's some things she needs runners for - last week crèche had a sports day & they asked them to wear runners & she had none :(
HoneyBee

Postby Cinnabon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Unfortunately not a lot can be done with the small feet - just got to wait it out. Wait til the half sizes kick in - think only clarks and startrite do them!

Do clarks not have the raspberry coloured Velcro strap shoes anymore - these were the type DD wore fir the first few pairs and you could use them with tracksuits.

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.clarks.ie/product/20346461/ or http://www.clarks.ie/product/20357429/
Cinnabon

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Thanks hun, saw those alright but it's more if a runner or hi-top type I'm after but thanks xx
Saw a few on sport direct, pricey but worth it at this stage, only thing is, I'd prefer to have somewhere I could try them on before buying :(
HoneyBee

Postby mamaw » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:15 am

Have you tried next online? They've a great selection of pump/runner style shoes for little girls starting at size 3. They even do a tiny feet range starting in a size 2.

mamaw

Postby MrsS11 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:00 pm

I was told in Clark's it was every 10-12 weeks. My neighbour got Clark's runners for her lo but I think they were a 5 I'm not sure how small they go to. They were white with lights.
MrsS11

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Mamaw I can't find any online in next in the 3, any I click on are only bigger sizes in stock.
I found the pumps in a 3 but they are a very loose fit & kept falling off :(
But randomly was in mothercare today & got a cute pair of size 3 runners in sale for €8!
Got them home & they seem too snug! Can't bloody win!
They'll do her for a week or two but I think I'll pick up the same pair again in the 4 because I don't think these will last long!
Yeah mrsS, I saw the ones with lights, size 4 and up I was told when we brought her in for measuring :(
HoneyBee

Return to New Mums