first time mammy

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

first time mammy

Postby claireee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi am a ftm and pass few days my 17 week old has been sneezing and all stuffed up she's sleeping more during day she is usually wide awake and sleeps all nite.. Should i take her to the doctor?
claireee

Re: first time mammy

Postby HoneyBee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:40 pm

Has she got a temp/is she taking her milk/any dihorrea?
If no other issues, it could be just a cold - try taking her into a steamy room when you shower, you can use snuffle babe balm on her chest to help her breathe & you can also use the calpol saline nasal spray to flush out her nose if its stuffed.
My lo had a few colds & they usually pass in about a week or so.

If it gets worse or you're worried or you feel it's more than a cold you can always go to gp just for your own peace of mind too - I know when my dd was smaller I always wanted to know got certain all was okay, prob cost me more than necessary on doctors but I know how reassuring it can be to get a doctors input on it.

Hope she's feeling better soon x
HoneyBee

Postby claireee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:22 pm

She sounds a bit chesty when she's drinking her milk, apart from that no other issues. Ill see how she is in morning :)x
claireee

Postby firsttimemum » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 am

My lo was the same. He had a runny nose and was stuffy. And thought he sounded chesty I got the doctor to check and she said he was clear that it was probably fluid from his nose dripping down. I use saline spray for his nose and a Nasal aspiratir to try clear it. I also got oil drops you put in a bowl near the baby. Think they were called Bose clear.

But if your worried go to the doctor. better to put your mind at ease.
firsttimemum

Postby claireee » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:27 am

Taken her to doctor tommrow hopefully its nothing more than a cold
claireee

Postby aprilbride » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:05 am

Hi clairee my lg is 15 weeks and is all bunged up aswell. Im using the calpol nasal spray a few times during the day. Seems to do the job, keeping an eye on the temp aswell. Also she is teething and think it might be connected to that.

Hope baby is doing ok for you
aprilbride

Return to New Mums